Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cassandraperalt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2016, 08:35 AM
    Water valve
    I turned off my water lastnight to replace a value for the toilet and I turned the water back on and no water is coming out what should I do ?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 15, 2016, 10:56 AM
    What valve did you turn off. The one under the toilet tank or the valve to the whole house?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 15, 2016, 07:10 PM
    What kind of valve was it: lever handle (1/4 turn) or round handle ( turning around ) ?
    Artie62 Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Oct 15, 2016, 09:25 PM
    You are not clear on what you turned off. Either way something is wrong with the turn off valve (broken stem or ball). Or the new valve inside your toilet is faulty.?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking hot water heater drain valve after new brass valve installed [ 2 Answers ]

I had a leaking (plastic) drain valve on my GE hot water heater. It was leaking from the inside of the valve. The small rubber washer was crimped. I installed a new brass drain valve that I purchased from home depot using teflon tape. The valve now leaks from the threads of the tank/valve. I...

Taco zone valve 571-2. Water flow not like the arrow in the valve's body. [ 0 Answers ]

I had a Taco zone valve 571-2 installed recently. Later I noticed that the valve is installed with the arrow in body of the valve pointing to the opposite direction of the actual water flow. I called the plumber and he said that this is not a problem and no damage will occur to the valve, the...

Hot water problem - faulty check valve or mixing valve? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, We have a weird problem with hot water running cold in our apartment. At all of the faucets and taps we only get hot water for a minute or two and have to turn off the faucet/tap for 30 seconds and back on again to get hot water. Then the same thing happens again. To get continuous hot...

I'd like to install a ball valve on main water line will a "Viperlok" valve work? [ 1 Answers ]

I know sweat soldering a ball valve is best, but will a "push-ft" compression "Viperlok" brand ball valve work?---My pipes are old copper, and have a few minor scratches and pits---I also noticed a seam running down one side of pipe. This water line runs out into garden, but valve is in the house....

Cold water pressure relief valve leaking, not the TRP valve [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. Cold water pressure relief valve start to drip water through the drain pipe. I replaced it with a new one but it is also dripping water. I have reduced water pressure in the house to the minimum by turning main water supply valve but it still leaking. Thanks for your help.

View more questions Search