Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nicodem Lihts Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2016, 06:30 AM
    Political Assylum
    Hy everyone, I am 16, I am a cameroonian. I want to get out of my country and make a new life in the usa, and someone suggested I should seek political asylum, how show I do that? I am 16 and my familly is homophobic, I don't have enough money to travel etc. Will the us embassy here accept to grant me political asylum and get me out of here?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2016, 06:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodem Lihts View Post
    Hy everyone, I am 16, I am a cameroonian. I want to get out of my country and make a new life in the usa, and someone suggested I should seek political asylum, how show I do that? I am 16 and my familly is homophobic, I don't have enough money to travel etc. Will the us embassy here accept to grant me political asylum and get me out of here?
    What reason do you have for requesting Political Assylum? Because "I want to get out of my country and make a new life in the usa" will be immediately rejected.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 15, 2016, 06:50 AM
    When you become a refugee in our country you can apply.

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/r...-asylum/asylum

Oct 15, 2016, 07:02 AM
    Firstly, because I am bisexual and homosexuality is a crime in this country, I have universal religious points of views different from those in this country
    Expert

Oct 15, 2016, 07:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodem Lihts View Post
    Firstly, because I am bisexual and homosexuality is a crime in this country, I have universal religious points of views different from those in this country
    But you are not in America. You have to be a refugee in order to apply.

You're reaching kid. First you want a pedophile to adopt you, now you want political asylum.

Oct 15, 2016, 08:09 AM
    Sorry J_9, it is a way I was replying to smoothy's question. But any way I want to be out of here. So search all possible means

Sorry J_9, it is a way I was replying to smoothy's question. But any way I want to be out of here. So I search all possible alt means I can do that in order to avoid being with a pedophile if possible. Coz both being with a pedophile and remaining in africa to me are both dangerous, so its either I get a different way to get out of here and get my new life , or I still have no choice
    Expert

Oct 15, 2016, 08:13 AM
    All members can respond to any question here.

We we are not going to take time out of our day to help you as you are only 16 and it may be illegal for us to aid you since you are a minor.

If you want to escape, get good grades in school and apply to a university in the US. That is the only way to do this legally.

The age of adulthood in the US is 18. Until you reach 18 we could get in legal trouble as that would be considered aiding a runaway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is socio-political? [ 2 Answers ]

And give an example with regard to socio-political development of bangladesh.

I've completed AB in Political Science, can regard myself as a political philosopher [ 2 Answers ]

I have completed a four year degree AB in Political Science, with that can regard myself as a political philosopher? I have long been interested with the state, the best form it, its functions and parts, and its relations which led me to take up the course of Political Science and with academic...

A Political Joke from a Non-Political Person, LOL [ 5 Answers ]

Hi... thought this was funny and wanted to share it with all of you... A little boy goes to his dad and asks, "What is politics?" Dad says, "Well son, let me try to explain it this way: I am the head of the family..so call me the President..... Your mother is the administrator of the...

Political Riddle [ 18 Answers ]

Why do you suppose: Let's see now... in the field of GOP candidates, declared and potential, Southern Conservatives have to choose between... An twice-married, admitted adulterer who's going to be 72 in 2008... An thrice-married adulterer... A thrice married Italian Catholic...

Political limericks [ 9 Answers ]

Join in if you can do one better. All for Poo and giggles... This was written by imo at japantoday forum at limericks R us. There once was a president named bush Who flew by the seat of his tush About his vision, when queried He said, I have a great theory

View more questions Search