Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Oct 14, 2016, 06:43 AM
    NetGear WNR2000v3 Router
    I went to a separate Modem/Router a month ago approx. and while I am doing a Avast Scan, I get a "Network Threats" notification. The router is old and out of warranty and not sure how I can get a fix for this problem short of buying a new router. NetGear WRN2000v3 Router is the culprit, and Avast says the router is not configured correctly.

While I am at it, what do you think of the "touch screen computers"? I am a little leery of buying one.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2016, 08:25 AM
    You are correct that the router is no longer supported. But it doesn't mean you have to ditch it if you don't have the funds to get a current model. The minimum you should do is make sure you have the latest firmware (https://www.netgear.com/support/prod...000v3#download ) and access the router configuration page and change the default password to access that page and select a strong passphrase.

Concerning laptops with touchscreens: I have no use for them since it's not terribly user friendly to reach out and touch a screen on a laptop, a mouse is still a better interface. Touchscreens are good for phones and tablets.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Oct 14, 2016, 12:20 PM
    Thanks for responding NK. I think the older I get the more stupid I get. Also I hope before I die I learn that if things are not broken, don't try to fix them. Right now, I am ready to through the damn computer out the door. Don't want to pay for new glass. Of course I will open the door. As it is right now, I am locked out of 2 of my email accounts because they say my passwords are wrong. The netgear router is messed up. All I need now is for the power to go out. Fortunately my old stand by desktop is working and I have this site on it.. Right now I am not up to messing with the router right now so that is a problem for another day. Think I will open a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by catonsville View Post
    Thanks for responding NK. I think the older I get the more stupid I get. Also I hope before I die I learn that if things are not broken, don't try to fix them. Right now, I am ready to through the damn computer out the door. Don't want to pay for new glass. Of course I will open the door. As it is right now, I am locked out of 2 of my email accounts because they say my passwords are wrong. The netgear router is messed up. All I need now is for the power to go out. Fortunately my old stand by desktop is working and I have this site on it.. Right now I am not up to messing with the router so that is a problem for another day. Think I will open a beer.
    Why do I have to lengthen the post?

[QUOTE=catonsville;3783520]Thanks for responding NK. I think the older I get the more stupid I get. Also I hope before I die I learn that if things are not broken, don't try to fix them. Right now, I am ready to through the damn computer out the door. Don't want to pay for new glass. Of course I will open the door. As it is right now, I am locked out of 2 of my email accounts because they say my passwords are wrong. The netgear router is messed up. All I need now is for the power to go out. Fortunately my old stand by desktop is working and I have this site on it.. Right now I am not up to messing with the router right now so that is a problem for another day. Think I will open a beer.

Even this site is giving me a fit. Please Delete a couple of these posts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Netgear Router [ 3 Answers ]

How do I set up a password on my Netgear router? I no longer have the manual and it model # is WGR614.

Netgear router [ 1 Answers ]

I am using netgear modem I couldn't get access to Yahoo page or oassportindia.gov.in page coul any one help me now I am also not getting access to 198.168.0.1

Netgear router [ 4 Answers ]

Guys, I have my netgear router installed and working with my modem but I lost my installation cd and I want to set up a password, can I? And if I can how to?

Netgear router issue [ 2 Answers ]

So I got an xbox 360 and set up a wireless network. Everything was working fine, but the next day when I turned on my laptop I got a "passkey invalid" message. Retyped it a few times, then gave up and reset it. Again, everything works fine... until the next day, "passkey invalid." My network...

View more questions Search