Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Coldandmoldy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2016, 10:05 PM
    I have an older model intertherm mobile home heat and air unit. How do I light pilot
    We have an older InterTherm heat and air unit that you must light the pilot light every winter. Trying to get that done before temps drop into the 40's. I follow the directions of turning switch to "Off" then "On" then "Pilot". Open the door, but I can't find the end of the pilot tubing or the place to put the match. Can't take any pics right now. Can you give me any advice? If the tubing goes to a box shape area with 2 holes both looking like there are screws in them, what am I looking for to the left of the tubing shield?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 14, 2016, 05:35 AM
    From your gas valve you should see two tubes and a wire. The wire almost looks like a very small tube but it is a wire. One tube goes to the burner, one goes to the pilot light. The wire also goes to the pilot light. The end of that wire is where you want to put the match. Easier to use one of those igniters for your grill.

Turn gas valve to Pilot, press knob down and hold it down, light pilot and continue holding the knob down for 30 seconds to 1 minutes. Then release and turn knob to ON.

That wire is called the thermocouple. You must hold the pilot knob down until the thermocouple gets hot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm mobile home unit. [ 5 Answers ]

Blower shuts off but heat coil does not.

Pilot light on intertherm furnace model g [ 0 Answers ]

Originally posted October 11th 2009 - I have acquired a small mobile home with the same style and model Intertherm furnace. The instructions given were vague... I was wondering if there were more specific instructions for manually lighting this furnace where no provisions exist. I don't see any...

How to light pilot light on Intertherm Nordyne Model# MGH-100-AAWN-05? Made in 1987. [ 0 Answers ]

This furnace worked fine one day, but would not fire the next. Thermostat would click when I turned it up, but furnace would not come on - no sound at all at furnace. Then 5-10 minutes. Later the blower would blow cold air for a few seconds. I am not the original owner of this home, but have...

How to determine if intertherm unit for mobile home has heat unit? [ 2 Answers ]

Does intertherm ac model ASCB-030-BBBB have a heating unit. This unit does cool sufficiently for mobile home installation.

Live in a mobile home with intertherm heat and air unit the unit outside unit has bee [ 1 Answers ]

Live in mobile home with an intertherm unit outside unit is no longer running didn't know if it even needs to be running with the heat

View more questions Search