Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2016, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodem Lihts View Post
    Hy everyone, You guys are saying he isn't that good OK. But now, someone suggested I should seek political asylum, how should I do that? I am 16 and my familly is homophobic, I don't have enough money to travel etc. Will the us embassy here accept to grant me political asylum and get me out of here if I ask them?
    Being Poor or just wanting a better life isn't a justification for Political Asylum.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 15, 2016, 06:41 AM
    Your family being homophobic isn't grounds to file for political asylum. I do believe, in order to file for asylum, you have to be on US soil, to file.
    Nicodem Lihts Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2016, 06:45 AM
    Hi Smoothy, what I mean is that I want a political asylum because I am bisexually and I have universal religious views, both of this are not accepted in my country especially, homosexuality is a crime and I have homophobic familly and am surrounded by homophobics, these don't make my life here really pretty. So I could use this reason to ask for political asylum, but if I get accepted, I will still need transport fair to get out of here. So can I demand asylum? How? And where? after I have been granted will the us embassy accept to pay my transport to us or even will give me this at my age of 16 or etc?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 15, 2016, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodem Lihts View Post
    Hi Smoothy, what I mean is that I want a political asylum because I am bisexually and I have universal religious views, both of this are not accepted in my country especially, homosexuality is a crime and I have homophobic familly and am surrounded by homophobics, these don't make my life here really pretty. So I could use this reason to ask for political asylum, but if I get accepted, I will still need transport fair to get out of here. So can I demand asylum? How? And where? after I have been granted will the us embassy accept to pay my transport to us or even will give me this at my age of 16 or etc?
    You have to be on American soil to apply for asylum. You have to be considered a refugee already in our country.

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/r...-asylum/asylum

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adoption please. [ 4 Answers ]

I want to get adopted by a perfect family. I am from South Africa, a boy and 15 years old. Please I have been threatened by my mother.

Adoption [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Alabama & I have a one year daughter whose father has never been in her life & disappeared shortly after I found out I was pregnant. My husband of a year wants to adopt my daughter. What do we have to do.

Adoption laws Ohio father blocking adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I have a now seven year old boy. His father lives in Ohio and has been ordered to pay child support which he has done for the past three years almost consistently. He has no contact with his child and I can count on my hands the number of times he has seen him while we too lived in Ohio. He has had...

I need to open adoption records on closed adoption [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: I am looking for my son I keep hitting roadblocks today I found out it was a closed adoption I need to know how to get these records opened

Laws for adoption and child support after adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I was wanting to know if any one might know about the laws in Arkansas for adoption. I've tried looking for my answers but I'm not to bright at this. I was wondering that when a child is adopted if child support from the other father stops? And will he still have to pay back child support that he...

View more questions Search