Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mnoteng31 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2016, 09:02 PM
    Do you feel teachers are modeling appropriate behavior into the life of high school y
    Please give me complete sentences
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 10, 2016, 09:05 PM
    Complete sentences? For your homework writing assignment?

That's a yes-no question. My answer is yes. If you're supposed to write an essay, you need a better topic sentence.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Oct 10, 2016, 09:08 PM
    Absolutely! Also, in middle and elementary school. I purposely did not use complete sentences in my answer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 10, 2016, 09:37 PM
    While a teach could and even perhaps should be a role model, their job is to educate and they are not responsible for teaching morality and ethics.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 10, 2016, 10:13 PM
    Appropriate behavior? What class is that? Math? Science? Social? Language Arts? Art? I never heard of the Appropriate behavior class.

A teacher teaches the subject they're being paid to teach. A teacher isn't paid to teach a child how to act in life or what appropriate behavior is. A teacher will send a child to the principal if he/she is misbehaving in class, and by doing so hopefully the child will learn that the actions that sent them to the principal are not acceptable. But a teacher is not responsible to teach right and wrong, or teach a child the appropriate way to behave. That's the job of the parents.
    Education Expert

Oct 11, 2016, 04:30 AM
    I wish teaching manners and proper behavior wasn't my job, but in Kindergarten it sure is. At least here in the U.S. Enough said...
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 11, 2016, 05:14 AM
    Youngin's?

Why don't you try giving us your thoughts in complete sentences? It is our policy to help with school/home work instead of doing the work for you.

I will say this to me "modeling" appropriate behavior is different from "teaching" appropriate behavior.

Saying "please" and "thank you" to children is modeling the desired behavior. Telling children when to use "please" and "thank you" is teaching. Both should be used.

The old saw of "Do as I do" seems to have taken a backseat to "Do as I say, not as I do" by too many adults.

Oct 11, 2016, 07:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Complete sentences? For your homework writing assignment?

That's a yes-no question. My answer is yes. If you're supposed to write an essay, you need a better topic sentence.

Okay thank you

Oct 11, 2016, 08:05 PM
    Teachers are often frustrated at their jobs and all the nonsense that comes with it. They tend to take it out on students who they are with all day. These students then internalize the negative habits and poor stress management skills leading them to make the same mistakes. Furthermore, some teachers are favorites of the principle leading them to feel as if they please and not be reprimanded for it. For example, there was a teacher was reported for saying racist remarks to students, fat shaming them, and belittling them for their own amusement.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 11, 2016, 08:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mnoteng31 View Post
    Teachers are often frustrated at their jobs and all the nonsense that comes with it. They tend to take it out on students who they are with all day. These students then internalize the negative habits and poor stress management skills leading them to make the same mistakes. Furthermore, some teachers are favorites of the principle leading them to feel as if they please and not be reprimanded for it. For example, there was a teacher was reported for saying racist remarks to students, fat shaming them, and belittling them for their own amusement.
    You don't have much respect for the jobs teachers do. Do you?
    Education Expert

Oct 11, 2016, 08:47 PM
    And you figured this out yourself? Don't put words on paper that you can't prove. Every job has frustrating days, but don't make an accusatory statement like this. I'm offended and I find you rude. If you're looking for controversy, then you've just opened the door.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 11, 2016, 09:19 PM
    principle
    For the record, it's PrincipAl.

You really don't want a good grade on this paper, do you?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 12, 2016, 06:01 AM
    I think it would help if you explained what your assignment is. Is this for a paper, debate, etc.? Are you supposed to take (or were you given) a side of an argument and write an essay supporting your "beliefs"?

The paragraph you submitted does seem a bit harsh and one-sided. Is it supposed to be?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2016, 09:38 AM
    I'm not a teacher but I just HAVE to jump in on this... and this a perfect example of what wrong with some of the recent generations... Over-inflated ego, over-inflated view of self worth, and WAY over-inflated opinion of what they think they actually know about much of anything... which really is precious little since you really START to learn after you have a job and are self supporting. Teachers teach or at least try to teach those who will listen, the things needed for a good foundation to really use to learn everything they will need in life once they get out of high school. They also have NO grasp of the real world and think school is soooooo hard on them. LIFE is hard... you fail in life you end up sleeping on the street or under a bridge, maybe even dead. As an adult nobody gives a crap about your fragile self esteem. You suck it up and do what's required of you or find yourself unemployed and broke living on the street.

Spout off to the wrong person as an adult.. your next of kin might hear about it when the police call them to identify the body.

Yeah... you are going to have a fun time adjusting to life after you graduate with that attitude... but then, you would just blame everyone else instead of accepting your own responsibility.

You aren't ENTITLED to respect by your elders and superiors....you have to earn it. Particularly if you are incapable of showing it, don't expect any in return. Teachers and your elders AREN'T your equals...they are your superiors just like every boss you will have in life.

Your superiors ARE entitled to your respect....that's life...that's how its always been, that's how its always going to be. Best get used to it in a hurry.

Also, some people work harder and behave better than others, some will just be a lot better at what they do and as such will be recognized for that, just like in school. Get used to it now, because that's how the real world works. Its not "playing favorites", some people have much more value to any given employer than others. Team players are rewarded while the disgruntled loner mopes around complaining life isn't fair.

Rant over... It really needed said.

But I think by the time they hit 30, they will have figured out and understand what I just said. Maybe even sooner.

Taking bets mnoteng31 doesn't show the "respect" they feel they are"entitled" to the Jr. High and elementary school kids younger than they are..because well..."thats different". I also bet they have people they like better than others because of attitude, wit, brains or lack of dorkiness....and don't treat them all the same either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High school coach needs to be punished for his behavior [ 15 Answers ]

My son was treated wrong by a high school coach. The coach singled him out and treated him differently than he did the other players. He embarrassed him and bullied him. Do I have any kind of lawsuit against this coach. He should not be allowed to continue to coach. I've never filed a lawsuit...

How to approach high school when you feel your daughter has been discriminated against [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter is currently a rising senior in high school. She is biracial however looks more white than her other race. She has been on the varsity cheerleading squad since her freshman year. She is an excellent student and has always exhibited school spirit, dedication to the squad as well as...

What my life's going to be after high school [ 6 Answers ]

Do you know what I'am going to do after high school? :p

I'm Lost and I droped out of high school and need to get life together [ 17 Answers ]

Hey I'm 15 and dropped out of highshool about 4 month ago.Lately I just stay home and don't really do much I want to get myself together but I don't tend to mumble in a classroom situation and have had bad expiernces trying to talk in class. What should I do. Im willing to do the work and take the...

People say that high school is the best time in your life pshhhh. [ 1 Answers ]

Right now, it has been the most stressful. Here is my schedule English 3 H Physics Anatomy AP French AP US Pre-Cal The thing is, is that only one of my teachers believes that we have lives outside of school, so on average I have about 3 hours of homework a night, with about 4 quizzes a...

View more questions Search