Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dianaram Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 08:34 AM
    Opening a bar
    I would like to know and get responds about opening a bar in the city?
    JohnnyRocketts Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 12:30 PM
    Go for it
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 15, 2007, 01:26 PM
    You can't in my city, I live in a dry county.

In Atlanta, you will have to get a city liquor license, a business license and have to appear before your local coummunity zoning to ask permission ( about 1/2 of the ones in Atlanta did not pass the local counnity zoning meetings.

You will of course have to have insurance ( which will be very high)

You need to sit down and work out a business plan and understand all the costs youwill have of course. The SBA web site will help you with a lot of information and in some cities they will have meetings where a reitred business person will help you figure out your plan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Opening a bar/pool hall [ 10 Answers ]

My husband and I are currently researching opening a bar/pool hall in Florida. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how we should go about starting this. I have gotten a little information about the liquor license in our area, but it been so extremely expensive, we have decided to go with...

Opening a bar [ 4 Answers ]

Recently, I came to the conclusion that I want to open a bar and looking for some information on what to do as the next step. As you can see I am kind of struggling with where to start. So far, I picked a name, found a location, and brainstormed some ideas with the activitites for the club.

Marble or Granite for a wine bar w/ stainless bar sink? [ 1 Answers ]

Would Marble be an appropriate choice for a bar top that will have a small stainless steel undermount bar sink? I have been quoted the same price for marble or granite. Are these counter tops usually the same price?

Annoying Internet Bar over the Task Bar [ 1 Answers ]

My grandson has messed around with my computer and an annoying Bar now sits over the Task bar when on the internet. To the extreme left is Internet Explorer logo e] followed by DONE. To the extreme right is a Blue Globe followed by INTERNET. If a URL is clicked the bar then shows :...

View more questions Search