Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    riado Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2016, 10:23 PM
    Genie Pro 88 closes but Does Not open!
    ]My Genie Pro 88 is about 22 years old. It is doing the opposite of an older blog that I applied to my situation but without success. It closes ok but when i try to open all i get is the relay click, nothing else. I tightened the ground connections and burnished all 3 relay contacts but did not replace the capacitor since it works when closing.

However, if I reconnect the mechanism once the door is open, it closes just fine by remote or by hard wire. When the door is in the close position and I activate the button (either hard wired or remote), The motor just doesn't come on. help...
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 12, 2016, 06:29 AM
    Do you have a LOCK button on the wired control?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Genie pro 88 won't open [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Genie Pro 88 with no infrared sensors. It will close just fine, but I have to open it manually. When I push the button to open, the motor spins for a split second then stops. If I open it manually, then it will close remotely with no problems. Any ideas anyone??

Genie pro 88 CLOSES but does not OPEN [ 5 Answers ]

My Genie Pro 88 closes, but does not open. I can hear clicking coming from the black little boxes (on the circuit board) and the lights come on, but it will not open. I also checked the jumper plug and the connection is perfectly fine. I also checked the grounding points and they are all secured...

Genie Pro 88--Clicks but won't open [ 9 Answers ]

My old Genie Pro 88 clicks and the light comes on but won't open--intermittent, sometimes works sometimes not. I see no adjustment screws anywhere on this thing.

Genie pro 88 garage opener won't open completely and won't close [ 1 Answers ]

I have screw type genie pro88 model.It does not have sensors mounted at each side of the door.The door only open half then the door stopped (I have to hold the opener's bottom all the time).If I press the bottom again, the door go down couple inches then go forward couple inches. If I press it...

Genie Pro 88 will not open electrically [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Genie Pro 88 Garage Door Opener. It had a hard-wired opener on the outside of the garage and I also had a portable opener that I kept in my car. Everything was working fine and then one day, I hit the button on the opener in my car & the Door opened only a little bit then went down. I...

View more questions Search