Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CuteButDevilish Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2016, 08:31 PM
    Boy troubles
    Is it true that guys flirt in front of the girl they like with other girls? Because I really like this guy and he seems like he might have a crush when we talk in the hallways but then in class he flirts with 2 or sometimes three other girls. But I'm confused because he's not a boy, he's the quiet guy but he has no problem teasing them, flirting, etc.. I'm so sad and confused does he like me or not? Also we've had more "romantic moments" than he does with the other girls. But he doesn't tease me as much as he teases the other girls so is he interested in me or not? Sorry this is a stupid question but I'm desperate to know if I should try flirting with other guys to make him jealous or not, and if he's interested in me or maybe sees me as a friend or should I just move on? HELP :(

So I really like this guy and I want to see if he likes me back. This probably won't make sense, but : is there a way to show a guy you like him without being blatantly obvious but make it obvious enough to see how he reacts? I've talked to him a lot, lent him my highlighters in class, asked what class we have next, talk to him at badmington, but I want to do something more to see what his reaction is. Btw this is the guy from the first question I asked, so I'm still terribly confused
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 7, 2016, 09:11 PM
    How old are you all?

Oct 7, 2016, 09:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    How old are you all?
    16 years old, why?
    Expert

Oct 7, 2016, 09:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CuteButDevilish View Post
    16 years old, why?
    Our advice depends on your age. We aren't going to give a 12 year old the same advice we would give an 18 year old.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 7, 2016, 10:03 PM
    I have insomnia (1 am for me) so I'll try to give my opinion. You are asking a bunch of questions only he can answer. Or you! You sense that he likes you, so I don't see why you shouldn't believe your intuition on that. How to show him you like him, and how to find out if he likes you more than the girls he flirts with? I wouldn't flirt with guys, because you don't seem like you'd even enjoy it.

Does he look over at you when he flirts with girls? Roll your eyes and shake your head, just a little. Start acting a little miffed, just a little. Just to let him know that it's not so enticing. A more mature version of flirting with other guys. Maybe even say something sarcastic, if he starts to talk to you. "Aren't you exhausted from all that flirting?"

I hope you have a best friend. High school romance can be heaven and it can be hell. You need a bestie to comfort each other if things go wrong. It's possible that he just wants to keep flirting and seeing how many girls he can get interested in him. I don't know - WE aren't there! You tell us.

Thinking back to high school a million years ago, I remember that most relationships started in the halls. Pause to talk, linger to talk longer.

Oct 7, 2016, 10:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Our advice depends on your age. We aren't going to give a 12 year old the same advice we would give an 18 year old.
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off as rude, I was curious. Will I have to clarify my tone of voice I'm writing in every time I write a post? Because it kind of seems like that and I'm not trying to be rude, maybe it'd be better for me to get off this website since I'm coming off as rude.

Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I have insomnia (1 am for me) so I'll try to give my opinion. You are asking a bunch of questions only he can answer. Or you! You sense that he likes you, so I don't see why you shouldn't believe your intuition on that. How to show him you like him, and how to find out if he likes you more than the girls he flirts with? I wouldn't flirt with guys, because you don't seem like you'd even enjoy it.

Does he look over at you when he flirts with girls? Roll your eyes and shake your head, just a little. Start acting a little miffed, just a little. Just to let him know that it's not so enticing. A more mature version of flirting with other guys. Maybe even say something sarcastic, if he starts to talk to you. "Aren't you exhausted from all that flirting?"

I hope you have a best friend. High school romance can be heaven and it can be hell. You need a bestie to comfort each other if things go wrong. It's possible that he just wants to keep flirting and seeing how many girls he can get interested in him. I don't know - WE aren't there! You tell us.

Thinking back to high school a million years ago, I remember that most relationships started in the halls. Pause to talk, linger to talk longer.
    Thanks for the helpful advice :) I do have a best friend and I tell her everything, she's basically a sister to me. He does look over at me when he seems to be flirting. I'm going to take your advice, thanks again so much :)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2016, 06:48 AM
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off as rude, I was curious. Will I have to clarify my tone of voice I'm writing in every time I write a post? Because it kind of seems like that and I'm not trying to be rude, maybe it'd be better for me to get off this website since I'm coming off as rude.
    Couple points of advice it would be wise to heed in life.

#1 Patience... get lots more of it.
    #2. Don't be so hypersensitive (you will see the reason for this for the rest of your life), the question J_9 asked was very appropriate for the exact reasons she gave you. Advice is never really one size fits all. Particularly around your age and this subject. People WILL ask you questions throughout life, and how you respond to them WILL determine what options are available to you in the future. One example... do that during a job interview... and odds are you won't get the job.
    Expert

Oct 8, 2016, 07:14 AM
    Whoever said you were being rude? I certainly didn't.

You see, knowing your ages is important when answering questions in certain categories. When we know your ages we can give you more appropriate advice. You need to stop being so defensive. Boys don't like that.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 8, 2016, 11:18 AM
    If you get a chance, let us know how it goes. Good luck. (I'm not a fan of deceit and manipulation, so was hesitant to suggest anything phony, but don't think that's really phony.)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 8, 2016, 01:42 PM
    Based on the way he's behaving, I would have guessed you all were around 12, and I would have answered the question thinking you all were around 12.

Bottom line, if he likes you, he's playing games. Do you really want a relationship with someone that flirts with every girl he sees and then messes around with you? Do you really want to resort to making him jealous so you can get him? What happens when he's no longer jealous? Then you have to rely on things like actual trust, and caring. Actual trust and caring means not flirting with everyone. Doesn't sound like he's relationship material at this time.

Sounds like he likes playing the field with lots of different girls. Talk to him, tell him how you feel, see if he feels the same way about you, then go from there, but don't be surprised if he just views you as one of the many girls he likes to flirt and mess around with.

Good luck. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boy troubles. [ 1 Answers ]

Okay well I'm confused. I have been dating this boy I have really strong feelings for him. One the last day of school I went to best friends house which he lives next door too. We were hanging out and before he left I told how I really felt about him and he agreed with what I was saying and that he...

Boy troubles [ 4 Answers ]

I had a thing with this guy and he is 17 and I am 15. He asked me out several times but I just wasn't ready for a relationship. Things didn't end on a very good note but we started talking again and I like him so much and I want tot be with him. He is giving me mixed feelings. He tells me that he...

Boy troubles [ 2 Answers ]

I have a crush on a boy at my school and now my friend is starting to flirt with him through Facebook and I have recently discovered that he just wants to be friends and likes my friend, she says they are just mates but I don't believe it and she is still flirting back. I think they might end up...

Boy troubles, again. [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so recently my ex has been messaging me on Facebook and talking to me a little. The conversations are usually pretty simple & boring but recently he's been acting different. He asked me why we never talk anymore & I told him it was because I never see him anymore so I don't really get a chance...

Boy troubles [ 8 Answers ]

Okay... his name is jack.. not extremely stylish , not extremely handsome but still there's something about him.. hes very quiet.. has some problems but I don't mind thest things.. he's not cool or a bad boy and I know that's shallow because those kinds are usually wankers but he's so nice and...

View more questions Search