Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarahinpensacol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2016, 01:22 PM
    Lien truck
    My son bought a Chevy S10 (cheapest model) in 2000 and I co-signed. I filed bankruptcy in 2003 and included the debt. My son filed the next year and he died in 2012. I was able to register it as the title reads "or" with my name on it. In the last 12 years I've talked to the bank several times and their response is they won't remove the lien unless I pay the balance ($4k).
    Now the truck is 16 years old and barely running. I called the bank once more and told them the vehicle was nothing more than salvage so what would they accept to remove the lien. This time they responded $8K even though they admitted they don't want it.
    Neither do I as I don't drive it and am getting ready to move several hundred miles and obviously can't just leave it on my landlord's property.
    Can I sell it for parts? Can I leave it in the bank's parking lot? I am sick of paying registration/insurance on a vehicle I don't drive.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 7, 2016, 05:58 PM
    What state?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2016, 06:55 PM
    No scrapyard will take it without a clear title. They legally have to have one. so you can't scrap it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 7, 2016, 07:19 PM
    No, the bank does not want it.
    The bankruptcy does not clear the debt, it only means they can not sue you for the money. But they can not and will not remove the lien, unless they are paid.
    You may work out an agreement for a smaller amount like 1000 or so, ( it needs to be fair) Remember you did really owe the 4 thousand. But decided to keep and use the truck without paying for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80 truck movie where guy builds a truck and drives though desert to military base ? [ 0 Answers ]

A guy takes a job to drive to desert to military base and there are terrorist though out the ride. There probably was some lasers when driving to the base. The guy builds the truck so that he has tricks for the terrorist. Probably 1970 or 1980 movie. Thanks for help!

Brainiac Company purchased a delivery truck for $30,000 on January 1, 2011. The truck [ 1 Answers ]

Brainiac Company purchased a delivery truck for $30,000 on January 1, 2011. The truck has an expected salvage value of $2,000, and is expected to be driven 100,000 miles over its estimated useful life of 8 years. Actual miles driven were 15,000 in 2011 and 12,000 in 2012.

How do you put a lien on a Semi-truck 18 wheeler [ 2 Answers ]

Is there ANY way to put a lien on his semi-truck to ensure I get my spousal support since that is the only asset we have AND to prevent him from selling the truck without my getting my share? How would I go about putting a lien on the truck without a lawyer He is in Minnesota. Thanks

Put a lien on his truck? [ 4 Answers ]

My ex owes me aprox $4.500.00 from our divorce back in 1999. I never pressed the issue but recently I did him a favor & loaned him some $$ just to have him laugh & say he doesn't plan to pay it back because I can't prove it. Well I can't prove the latest loan but I do have the divorce papers saying...

View more questions Search