Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rumman_bd Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2016, 10:34 AM
    What is the ripple effect of different Mobile charger on lithium ion battery ?
    In Market there are different kind of charger like mobile chargers that are provided with mobile, USB Wall Charger, Travel adapter. All these charging device have different ripple value. Now I need to know what is the standard value that should maintain & what is the effect of this ripple on lithium ion battery. From different reference I have found that this ripple should be below 80 m V (P-P)I have an another query, from where I need to measure the ripple. I know two options, one option is, ripple will be checked at output capacitor end and option two is, ripple will be checked at load end where load is electronic load tester. For option two sometimes twisted pair cable is used.So it will be helpful if any one help me to know what is the ripple that should be and what is the measuring procedure.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2016, 10:42 AM
    Ripple is basically the AC component on a DC line and has to be checked under load, because the load will reduce the ripple, and that IS factored into the design. Thus it needs tested at the load end for the greatest accuracy. As far as what is considered the acceptable Ripple for this... someone else has to answer. Wasn't the area I worked in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What size fuse for the charger of a lithium 14.4v battery please? [ 1 Answers ]

What size fuse for the charger of a lithium 14.4 battery used in a grass strimmer ?

Broken charger or battery? [ 0 Answers ]

I have got an Advent Roma 1000 and have had it for about 3 years. I have been onitfor about half an hour while it was plugged in on charge, not realising that it wasn't actually charging, it then gave me the message to plug in my charger, which left me puzzled because it was in fact plugged in. I...

How will Lithium ion form [ 1 Answers ]

How will lithium ion form

View more questions Search