Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    morwo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2016, 05:57 AM
    Compression gasket
    While trying to repair an old leaking shower drain I removed the compression gasket. Now I need to replace it and there is a very small opening between the pvc and the drain making it impossible to get the gasket back on because the opening is son narrow/small. Any tricks or ideas?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 6, 2016, 08:26 PM
    Show picture
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 7, 2016, 07:13 AM
    That gasket is designed to fit. Try again. Spray WD-40 on it so it slips in better.

If it went in easily, it would probably leak

Picture would help, too

Back to you

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No caulk shower drain compression gasket too high [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone, My wife and I moved into an older home and have been wanting to renovate for a while. We decided to begin this spring with our daughter's bathroom. Took out the old tub and are trying to replace it with a shower. We got a plumber to come out and re-do the hot/cold pipes and...

Fiat drain gasket how do I get the gasket out [ 0 Answers ]

I have a fiat drain in my stand up shower, it leaks, so I want to change out the gasket but can't get it out. Any help

Low Compression on 2,4&6, Head Gasket Sealer As An Option? [ 16 Answers ]

Hello & thank you for your time. I have a 96 Toyota 4Runner. According to live data stream, the #2 cylinder is misfiring & 2 (155lbs), 4 (160lbs) & 6 (165lbs) were low when compression tested. 1, 3 & 5 tested fine. The vehicle runs rougher than it used to, especially at an idle. There are no...

Old compression nut and compression sleeve [ 27 Answers ]

We have a shut off valve with a slow leak, about a teaspoonful every 10 hours. I want to replace the valve but the copper pipe to which it's attached is too short not allowing me to cut off the old compression sleeve. It's to my understanding that I may use the old compression nut and...

Cast Iron / Copper transition - hub 'n spigot - Compression gasket [ 2 Answers ]

Ladies 'n gentlemen, Good afternoon to all, 1/ Is there a "duel-tite", or similar, compression gasket designed specifically for the transition from ground work (hub 'n spigot, cast iron) to the rough-in (copper, dwv) ? 2/ What is the copper-side of the transition? (2" male adaptor?, 2" dwv...

View more questions Search