Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rackcity Posts: 100, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2016, 02:43 PM
    Hit testicle while training BJJ, will I be fine?
    Yesterday at around 6:30 PM I was training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and got kneed in the testicle. Basically, I was playing bull rush and tried to pass the guys guard to get to side mount, and ended up stepping over instead (huge mistake) and his knee went directly into my left testicle. It was hurting a lot during class but I continued to roll. At night I took ibuprofen (within an hour, pain went away a bit), but this morning, I started off with a dull ache. I've had this dull ache to my testicle all day. And I feel a bit nauseous in my lower abdomen area. It's not terrible, but it's slight. My testicle feels like somebody is lightly squeezing it and pressing on my lower abdomen. I just got through taking another Ibuprofen today (4:40 PM). Should I be worried at all? Will this go away eventually? I self inspected and see no bruising and felt no lumps or irregularities compared to my right testicle (besides this horrible feeling). I'm just concerned that it's been nearly 24 hrs and I'm feeling discomfort still. I learned my lesson, I'll definitely be using a cup from now on.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 5, 2016, 05:29 PM
    First why are you not wearing a cup for contract ?
    But if there is still pain, you need to see your doctor

Oct 5, 2016, 05:32 PM
    I should have been. I got lazy with a cup and didn't wear it. I'm definitely not avoiding wearing a cup anymore. Do you recommend going to the Dr.? It's about a 2.5 out of 10 pain level, but nauseous and still feeling a slight ache down there.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 5, 2016, 05:50 PM
    I'd wait 3 days, see how it goes.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 6, 2016, 06:18 AM
    This is from yesterday, so how is the pain today ? I would advise getting checked out by your doctor. You cant fool around with the family jewels !

Oct 6, 2016, 06:55 PM
    Thanks guys, I think I'm fine now, Thank God! Feels way better and almost nonexistant. I was freaking out cause I read somewhere on the web after 24 hrs it should be of a concern, but it seems like I'm okay now. I really panic whenever something like that happens.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 7, 2016, 06:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rackcity View Post
    Thanks guys, I think I'm fine now, Thank God! Feels way better and almost nonexistant. I was freaking out cause I read somewhere on the web after 24 hrs it should be of a concern, but it seems like I'm okay now. I really panic whenever something like that happens.
    Understandable to panic, rack, but you should still get it checked out, in my opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore 90 plus series washer, won't spin on any cycle. Washes fine, empties fine [ 0 Answers ]

Just replaced the coupler on my kenmore 90 plus series washer, still won't spin on any cycle. Washes fine, empties fine just won't spin? Any ideas?

My 1985 toyota pickup starts fine idles fine but runs ruff when in gear [ 2 Answers ]

My 1985 toyota pickup starts fine idles fine but runs ruff when in gear

A lady hit my parked car and lied about it I did not see her hit it [ 4 Answers ]

A lady hit my parked car and lied about it I did not see her hit it but she told me she did

Furnace heats fine,circulates fine, but when put on a/c blower motor goes on and off [ 0 Answers ]

The furnace works fine all winter, no issues only when it is switched aver to a/c does it do this.

Testicle pain moved from one testicle to the other [ 1 Answers ]

Hello , I am an 18 years old male and I would like to ask you about a testicular pain I have -what are the possible causes? Should I do something or just wait ? Two weeks ago I felt a strong pain in the right testicle - I felt that it has twisted but after a few seconds it untwisted on itself (I...

View more questions Search