Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Oct 5, 2016, 12:55 PM
    Electrical and Engine check
    I just got into my car and the windows won't work. It happened a week ago but
    Worked after a few tries. Now it won't work at all. I continued to the store.
    Then on the way home, my engine check lite came on.

I called my mechanic. He said they are two different problems and to bring in my
    Car tomorrow. For these incidents to happen together, is he right about it not being
    Related? Also, am I looking at very expensive repairs? Any idea?

I have a 2000 or 2001 Chevy Malabiu and it has low mileage (bought it from a
    Friends 89 year old mom who didn't drive it much).
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2016, 01:05 PM
    Not related. Expensive? Who knows, depends on what caused the check lite. Could be simple like a loose gas cap or something big like a catalytic converter.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 10, 2016, 07:02 PM
    So true! There are many things that could be failing and causing the light. Get the symptoms be diagnosed. Take it in and have the fault diagnosed. Please don't just let someone spray parts.
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Oct 10, 2016, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich View Post
    So true! There are many things that could be failing and causing the light. Get the symptoms be diagnosed. Take it in and have the fault diagnosed. Please don't just let someone spray parts.
    Done and paid for: I'm grateful they found out what it was but I know the billing is b.s.
    The two were in fact related: short to front fuse box from ignition 2 circuit..
    Labor to check engine light & prob with windows $95... labor to repair short to
    Fuse box $115 Anyway, they are competent.. they fixed something prior that
    Was complicated.. so I just pay the bill and shut up!!
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 12, 2016, 08:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jammy23 View Post
    Done and paid for: I'm grateful they found out what it was but I know the billing is b.s.
    The two were in fact related: short to front fuse box from ignition 2 circuit..
    Labor to check engine light & prob with windows $95... labor to repair short to
    Fuse box $115 Anyway, they are competent.. they fixed something prior that
    Was complicated.. so I just pay the bill and shut up!!
    Great news! I am so happy your found the place that would listen and take care of your concern.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Idle searching, check engine codes, and electrical issues [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Honda Civic EX, I recently noticed belt whine and saw my top alternator bolt fell out. After I put it back in, the belt whine went away for a couple days then returned. A couple days after it returned my battery light came on, the day after my battery light came on my car went...

HELP! 1991 honda civic check engine light and engine sputtering [ 19 Answers ]

1991 Civic EX. I was driving along today and all of a sudden the engine cuts out, check engine light comes on and sputters and is running rough. I'm thinking something fuel related, as I have had intermittent problems getting it started over the past 6 months (3 or 4 times) where it cranks but acts...

Where do you find the plug in to check the check engine light [ 16 Answers ]

I am trying to find the plug in where you plug in the computer to check the check engine light it a 1992 civic can anyone tell me where it located at and if you have picture that would be great thanks if you could tell me the color of the plug in and how many pin in it that would help me in finding...

1994 Civic - Check Engine "Orange" lamp and Engine revs when idling [ 1 Answers ]

Two questions realting to my Honda Civic ESI - 1994 model. 1) When I turn on the ignition key there is a Check Engine lamp displayed in Orange which is remaining On for progressively longer. Car not be started until this light disappears. Eventually after 3-5 seconds light turns off and engine...

View more questions Search