Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daniigirl Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2016, 10:30 PM
    Insurance company ignoring me
    I posted a thread a couple months back regarding an incident that occurred to my car. Long story short an employee at a store caused damage to my car, a claim was made via the company and their insurance company investigated the claim and had me go on to gather estimates for the damage done to my car.

The incident occurred August 5th, the claim was filed that day and the insurance company contacted me the following Tuesday I believe it was. About mid August I was instructed to gather quotes. I was contacted again shortly there after and told to get a second quote if the first amounted to more than $500.

I sent the estimates to the company the end of august/first week of September and then fell into a period of silence. The person working on my case didn't contact me for roughly 3 weeks. I left voicemails and sent several emails to see if my estimates had gone through.

I ended up having to contact another employee through the company to get back in touch with the person I was working with. They then told me that my attachment did not go through and they were unable to see my estimates.

I have since then sent the employee pdf files of the estimates (twice) and sent two follow up emails. It's been, yet agaim, nearly a month.

Is this typical? The situation involving my car is not drastic. The damage is cosmetic and the store it occurred at took fault for the situation.

In all my experiences in the past regarding insurance companies it's been quick and my car was repaired within a short period. It's been two months at this point and I really don't know what's going on?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 5, 2016, 05:42 AM
    This is why whenever you are involved in an accident you should work through your own insurance company - they have the experience to know how to work through these types of hassles. All you can do is keep on trying - call twice a day and become a pain in the butt to them.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2016, 07:24 AM
    I'm in complete agreement with ebaines on this. This is why I always let my insurance company deal with them even when someone else was at fault. This is why you pay your premiums.

Also, certain states (like Virginia) define the rights of the victim and in this case..you would pick where you want to go and only have to get 3 estimates...none have to be where their insurance company wants you to go. Not every state is the same.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 5, 2016, 05:34 PM
    Yes, they will ignore you and hope you just get tired and forget about it.

So you get your own insurance company dealing with it. Or hire an attorney

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insurance company sennding my medical info to another company [ 4 Answers ]

My question is a insurance company sent my full name, social sercurity number and all my info concerning my short term disability claim to a third party on accident, is this a hipaa violation? They did send me a letter but offered nothing about what to do about it as far as my identity being stolen...

A company insurance salesman sold a life insurance policy to a client for a premium o [ 1 Answers ]

A company insurance salesman sold a life insurance policy to a client for a premium of $25,000. The agency billed the client for the policy and is entitled to a commission of 20%. How do I do an adjusting journal entry for this question? Will it have two parts to it?

Looking for insurance policy no 9929780 insurance company he have [ 2 Answers ]

Prairie land/federated insurance campany ineed to get this insurance campany

Switching from personal health insurance to my company's health insurance [ 4 Answers ]

I've been employed with my present company since 2009. I've paid for my own health insurance since 2009 (high deductible), though would like to switch to my company's health insurance. I was diagnosed with MS in June 2011 and it's a pre-existing condition. What do I need to know because of this...

Does my insurance company have to pay for damages to a car with no insurance [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter was at fault for a car accident, however the other person had no insurance. In the state of Indiana you must have insurance. My question is does my insurance have to pay the other person damages? Also can I report this person to police department for false information on a legal report...

View more questions Search