Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marleyjeanne Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2016, 03:03 PM
    How do I recalculate amoritzation schedule because of a payment shortage?
    Buyer on a owner contract made payments that were 2 cents short for first 153 months and then started paying 98 cents extra per month. How do I figure out the final payment? According to the contract final payment will be due November 2016. It was $28,200.00 for 30 years at 9% interest with first payment of $286.02 starting December 1st, 2001. This buyer has history with both myself and my Father anywhere from constantly claiming "the checks in the mail" to trying to pass off a different ($40,000 less! ) agreed on selling price so I don't trust him at all. Recently he sent me a print out showing that he had paid $287.02 every month but I pointed out what he has really paid & he now agrees. Please help me figure out the final months payment amount.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 3, 2016, 04:13 PM
    Just an opinion.

.02 X 153 months = $3.06
    If you were to actually compute interest on that for 153 months it would come out to be something like 10 or 12 cents.
    Plus you said that he paid $0.98 extra each month but didn't say for how long. If he did that for 4 months or more you came out ahead.
    Do you really want to worry about $3.18. Not worth the ink to print out.
    Forget the .02 and go to settlement. Reduce the final payment by $0.98 times the number of months paid less 4.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 3, 2016, 04:34 PM
    Do you have Excel or another compatible spreadsheet? Excel has an amortization schedule template. You can then plug in the actual payments and see what balance is due.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why would my schedule E rental income be reported on schedule C by Turbo tax [ 3 Answers ]

Last year when I reported rental income from my condo Turbo Tax listed it on schedule E. This year it is putting it on Schedule C.? Isn't Schedule C for businesses?

If this recipe serves 8--recalculate the quantites to serve 5 [ 2 Answers ]

Linguini with red sauce 24 ounces linguini pasta 6 2/5 tablespoons minced garlic 5 cups fresh tomatoes 10 tablespoons parmesan cheese

Never received Land Contract payment schedule. [ 1 Answers ]

I got into a Land Contract to buy a home a few years ago. Since then I have paid more than twice the amount that was owed and have never received my payment schedule. I have called my Vendors repeatedly and written more than that over these few years, but all I have received was false promises that...

View more questions Search