Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Sep 30, 2016, 06:47 PM
    Computers
    I am so upset. Being technology ignorant and a senior with poor skills, change
    Comes hard to me.

I have a MAC apple air that I take if I go away. I hate it... but now I'm back
    With my P.C. AOL and I think AOL upgrated me. It says 9.8.2 which I think is
    Different.

I have five screen names. The first two are now identical with the MAC
    Where I can get all my screens and just click on them and put in a password
    Now I have to go to each one and not once but twice put in passwords.
    Where I use to see if new mail was added to my other screens, I can't do
    That anymore.

Can I go back to what I had. Also I noticed that my other screens remained the
    Same... it's so weird. Perhaps you can tell me who to write to if this is too
    Complicated.
    One unhappy senior
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 1, 2016, 05:45 AM
    Programs update and change, this is a newer version. It does not work or work well with Internet Explorer, if you are using it, and works better with Goggle Chrome, from what I have read.

I would wonder why 5 user name with passwords?? For 5 different AOL accounts.

Oct 1, 2016, 06:50 AM
    I have five screen names... I don't use chrome or internet explorer... I do know when I want to search for something, Iuse duckduckgo.com and sometimes Google...
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 1, 2016, 07:29 AM
    Chrome is Google's browser and well supported. I won't use anything else. Never heard of duckduckgo, but think you are better off following the most used sites when it comes to being a novice computer user.

Oct 1, 2016, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Chrome is Google's browser and well supported. I won't use anything else. Never heard of duckduckgo, but think you are better off following the most used sites when it comes to being a novice computer user.
    The reason for the ducks: they don't follow you like Google does.
    When I ask a question i.e. contact lenses, I get ads... popups on that subject.
    Duck doesn't follow you or remember your last request.

You think I should join chrome?
    current pert

Oct 1, 2016, 12:26 PM
    Chrome, and also AdBlockerPlus to prevent all those popup ads.

Oct 1, 2016, 05:35 PM
    Chrome, and also AdBlockerPlus to prevent all those popup ads.
    If I get this chrome, does it change my screen settings... AOL?
    How does one get chrome?
    current pert

Oct 1, 2016, 06:44 PM
    Yes, Chrome will change some settings. You can switch back and forth between browsers. You can have as many browsers as you want. The icons will be on your desktop and you can change any time you want. You won't have to delete AOL.
    Adblocker is separate. You really need that ASAP to prevent those popups, some of which can contain malware and adware. Just type Adblockerplus into your search and download it in one easy step.
    Same step to get Chrome, just type it into your search. It takes more steps to install, however, and takes longer.

Oct 2, 2016, 08:59 PM
    Yes, Chrome will change some settings. You can switch back and forth between browsers. You can have as many browsers as you want. The icons will be on your desktop and you can change any time you want. You won't have to delete AOL.
    Adblocker is separate. You really need that ASAP to prevent those popups, some of which can contain malware and adware. Just type Adblockerplus into your search and download it in one easy step.
    Same step to get Chrome, just type it into your search. It takes more steps to install, however, and takes longer.
    Thank you so much for taking the
    Time to explain all this... most, I'm afraid, is over my head. Confusing. But
    I'm printing it out and will work with someone who may be able to show it
    To me in simple terms. It's not that I'm simple... but I've lived over seven
    Decades and I'm just not as good at absorbing information... esp new
    Information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

ZT Computers [ 33 Answers ]

I need to buy a new desktop right away. I've been going nuts for 3 days trying to decide between finding a way to stay with Windows XP (which I love) or giving up and going with Vista. Seems next to impossible to load Windows XP Pro on a Vista 64 machine. A lot of my hardware and some...

Computers: what is an economic (and idiotproof)way of networking two home computers? [ 1 Answers ]

The prioncipal computer is Windows 7 model, and I wish to bring an older computer into the same operating status re broadband etc. What equipment and cabling is necessary?

Two computers, what to use the other one for? [ 3 Answers ]

I am using two comps at the same time. Both monitors for both computers are on the same desk, same with the keyboards and mouse. This is a windows vista home basic Compaq Presario SR5110nx and the other is a Windows XP Compaq Presario SR1603WM. The XP has 70gb of hd and this has 120gb.. I am...

View more questions Search