Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aguila grande Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2016, 10:48 AM
    Escape ecm 2008 a escape ecm 2010 any difference
    I want to know if there is any problem I I change the computer and IC of 2008 escape hybrid to a ford escape 2010 and if will there be no problems exhaust 2.5 engine
    RickMN Posts: 244, Reputation: 52

Oct 5, 2016, 06:24 PM
    IC? Have you looked this computer? Car makers haven't used removable IC chips as the programming since the 80's. You can only swap computers if they have the same part numbers. Highly unlikely that an ECM from 2008 will work properly in a 2010. Much better off getting yours rebuilt than to buy a junkyard unit
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 10, 2016, 06:58 PM
    Yes, you can expect this combo to be a misfit. There are too many changes to emissions from year to year. Seek out a more reputable source.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Escape 2010 I C PROBLEMS [ 3 Answers ]

I have a problem, I need help, escape ford 2010 .., there are several times it dosnt' crank and also when I'm on the road all the dash lights are turned on, several times, I hit a little bit close to the IC and then icon lights and goes out, What can I do for flesh out this problem. Any body can...

2008 ford escape door lock picture of? [ 1 Answers ]

Locked out of 2008 ford escape how do you get in

2008 ford escape driver window how to install [ 0 Answers ]

Where can I down load info how to install

GM ecm [ 1 Answers ]

1994 chevrolet caprice has a pass key fault code ,will not start. Some times it will start ,but will die.need help.thinks

View more questions Search