Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vikram_gupta11 Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2016, 07:15 PM
    Never reducing propellant for deep space propulsion tech
    In this sketch suppose a gun system is firing a ball with 5 meter / second and this ball is moving with the velocity of 5 meter/second and when this ball is reached at the end part of the engine then ,stayed in 0 velocity due to two electromagnets as these magnets will work to stop this ball .These two magnets are attached with two springs and both springs are in stretched position towards up and down side . The ball is expelled from the gun system and got 0 velocity after expelling from the system by using these electromagnets and a force is also applying on these magnets and springs are in stretched position. You will say that engine will not move as net force is ZERO but if we release these spring then what will be happened with engine as after releasing these springs both will work to propel the engine ? Should it move or not or can we modify the direction of this engine ?
    Please keep aside the issue of ball retrieving.

Thanks
    Attached Images

ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 30, 2016, 05:55 AM
    If I understand you correctly, here's what I think would happen.

1. First the gun fires the pellet - the momentum imparted into the pellet is balanced by the momentum imparted into the gun/spring/magnet assembly - this is known as "Kick back" when you fire a gun. The result of this first step is the pellet moves to the right at 5 m/s and the gun/spring/magnet assembly moves to the left at some velocity, which depends on its mass. The center of mass of the entire system does not move. I am assuming here that the gun/spring/magnet assembly is not constrained - i.e. no friction.

2. Then the pellet is captured by the magnets, causing the springs to stretch until the pellet reaches zero velocity. The momentum that the pellet had is transferred into the gun/spring/magnet assembly, causing it to stop moving. The center of mass of the gun/spring/magnet assembly is slightly to the left of where it started, the center of mass of the pellet is to the right of where it started, and the center of mass of the entire system is unchanged.

3. Then the magnet is turned off and the pellet drops away.

4. Finally the springs pull the magnets back to their resting position. As the magnets move left the gun moves to the right, so that the center of mass of the gun/spring/magnet assembly stays where it was in step 2 (to the left of where it was at the start).

The end result is that the gun/spring/mass assembly has shifted a bit to the left, balancing the fact that the pellet has moved to the right. Again, the center of mass of the complete system (gun/spring/magnet assembly plus pellet) does not move at any time through all of this.

Oct 1, 2016, 02:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    If I understand you correctly, here's what I think would happen.

1. First the gun fires the pellet - the momentum imparted into the pellet is balanced by the momentum imparted into the gun/spring/magnet assembly - this is known as "Kick back" when you fire a gun. The result of this first step is the pellet moves to the right at 5 m/s and the gun/spring/magnet assembly moves to the left at some velocity, which depends on its mass. The center of mass of the entire system does not move. I am assuming here that the gun/spring/magnet assembly is not constrained - i.e. no friction.

2. Then the pellet is captured by the magnets, causing the springs to stretch until the pellet reaches zero velocity. The momentum that the pellet had is transferred into the gun/spring/magnet assembly, causing it to stop moving. The center of mass of the gun/spring/magnet assembly is slightly to the left of where it started, the center of mass of the pellet is to the right of where it started, and the center of mass of the entire system is unchanged.

3. Then the magnet is turned off and the pellet drops away.

4. Finally the springs pull the magnets back to their resting position. As the magnets move left the gun moves to the right, so that the center of mass of the gun/spring/magnet assembly stays where it was in step 2 (to the left of where it was at the start).

The end result is that the gun/spring/mass assembly has shifted a bit to the left, balancing the fact that the pellet has moved to the right. Again, the center of mass of the complete system (gun/spring/magnet assembly plus pellet) does not move at any time through all of this.
    Dear Sir,
    At first thanks for your response but just do a simple experiment .Take a Rubber band and try to stretched it with your hands and it will be stretched .Now take the help of an another person to catch this stretched rubber band in middle with the help of fingers .now release the right part of the rubber band but remember the left part of the rubber band must not be released( still in stretched position) only released the right part .when you will release the right part of the rubber band then the person will feel a propelling force working on pushing his fingers in left direction of stretched rubber band.

Note: we are applying forces to stretch the rubber band from inside not from out side.
    This is very simple and it will take only a few seconds to understand this concept completely.
    Attached Images

Oct 2, 2016, 11:58 AM
    Deep space propulsion tech using spring force and kinetic energy
    Dear Sir, I Took a Rubber band and try to stretched it with my hands and it was stretched .Now I took the help of an another person to catch this stretched rubber band in middle with the help of fingers .after that I released the right part of the rubber band but I didn’t release the left part of the rubber band ( still in stretched position) only released the right part .when I released the right part of the rubber band then the person felt a propelling force working on pushing his fingers in left direction of stretched rubber band.
    Suppose a person is standing up on a roller skate applying equal force with both hands to stretch the springs and these springs are attached with this skate . The roller skate is stable but when thIs person release ONLY the right hand side sprIng then the roller skate should move or not.REMEMBER PERSON IS RELEASING ONLY RIGHT SIDE SPRING BUT LEFT SIDE SPRING IS STILL IN STRETCHED POSITION.

MECHANISM:There will be two part of this engine.
    The first part will move freely in a cylindrical tube but second part will be stable.
    Two motors will be fixed in this engine as per the diagram. The (1) motor will work to press the first part towards the front side while (2) motor will work to press the second part towards backside. Two lever system will be attached with each motor.These levers will work to press their side springs when both motors will move.
    There will be Pull Back system attached in the first part of this engine. This pull back system will work to get back the first part of this engine on its position with the help of a motor and electromagnets. Two magnetic brackets will be attached with first part as per the diagram and springs of first part’s will be attached with a magnetic system. This engine will get energy with solar panels.
    HOW WILL THIS ENGINE WORK?
    When both lever systems will work to press their side springs then a kinetic force will create on both springs.
    When the (1) lever will press the spring of first part then the spring get stretch due to pressure and at a point of pressure this part will be detached with its side magnets and will move towards front side due to kinetic force. But in second part of the device when (2) lever will press the spring towards backside then spring will work to push this device towards front side after removing lever pressure.
    In this way both parts of this device will help to push forward this device. The magnetic bracket will work to catch this first part so that this part couldn’t move with back force, otherwise this engine will move towards backside due to back force.
    The pull back system will work to attach this first part with the help of electromagnets.The first part will be detached with magnetic brackets when pull back system will work on this part with electromagnets then the springs of this part will be attached with their side magnets again and pull back system will be detached.
    BOTH LEVERS WILL WORK AT THE SAME TIME WITH EQUAL FORCE IN THIS ENGINE.
    The first part of this device will get back its position again and both parts’ levers systems will be ready to work on their side springs again and again.
    Attached Images

ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 3, 2016, 06:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vikram_gupta11 View Post
    Suppose a person is standing up on a roller skate applying equal force with both hands to stretch the springs and these springs are attached with this skate . The roller skate is stable but when thIs person release ONLY the right hand side sprIng then the roller skate should move or not.REMEMBER PERSON IS RELEASING ONLY RIGHT SIDE SPRING BUT LEFT SIDE SPRING IS STILL IN STRETCHED POSITION.
    Before trying to dive into your mechanism let's reach an understanding of your rubber band analogy. Please consider this: what happens to the person in the middle when you release one side of the rubber band? Suppose that person is on roller skates as well - which direction does he move? Seems to me that if you release the rubber band with your right hand. you would slide to the right and the other person would slide to the left, so that the center of mass of the system (the sum of movements of both you and your assistant) remains unchanged.

Since your engine is in space you must remember that there is nothing for that middle person to brace himself against, like there is in your description of the rubber band with a person in the middle standing on earth. So if part of the machine moves in one direction, another part of the machine moves in the opposite direction. Agree?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ideas for reducing depth deep end concrete swimming pool [ 1 Answers ]

I have a rectangle concrete in-ground pool with an 8ft deep end that I want to reduce the depth to 4.5ft also. There is a main drain on bottom of deep end. I am also trying to figure out the most cost effective quality way to fill in the deep end. How might you do this all the while still allowing...

Electromagnetic propulsion [ 1 Answers ]

Sir How can we use Electromagnetic propulsion to produce thrust ? How much magnitude of thrust will be produced

Reducing my rental space [ 1 Answers ]

I have purchased a manufactured home, from the same community that I am renting a lot from. A year after purchasing the home, the owner of the community is putting a double wide next to mine. (That is not my business) However, what I believe is my business, is that they have poured several feet of...

View more questions Search