Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Khld Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2016, 05:23 AM
    My godmother is german.
    I'm a mom of four and my kids have a godmother who is German and her mom is German and was born in German. There godmother studied her higher education in Germany and she speaks German and her kids studied their higher education in Germany. Can I ask for the German citizenship for my kids or she can because she is there godmother?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 29, 2016, 05:24 AM
    Nope, there is no family link there at all..
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2016, 06:00 AM
    I agree with CurlyBen. NO family connection at all.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 29, 2016, 11:04 AM
    A 'godmother' is not a blood relative, so of course not.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2016, 02:03 PM
    Read this. http://germany.usembassy.gov/acs/dual_nationality/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not the Godmother [ 8 Answers ]

I guess I'm looking for people to weigh in. My sister did not ask me to be godmother of her child. Instead she asked her best friend. This is her third child. We have one other sister who was godmother of the first child, she has a sister-in-law who was godmother of the second child. I was...

Godmother costety [ 1 Answers ]

How old does a child have to be in order to move out of her moms and in with her godmother and what are the laws of this if the mom does not agree?

Godmother Needs custody [ 2 Answers ]

HELP! I have a 7 year old god daughter and her mother (my best friend) is addicted to heroin. She has been to prison in the past and is on a fast track to death or prison. I am trying to obtain legal and permanent custody of her daughter, however, I do not have any legal documents supporting me....

I'm being deported and I want my daughter to stay with her godmother [ 2 Answers ]

I am being deported back to mexico and I wish to leave my daughter who is american here in VA with her godmother so she can get a better education, what will I need to do to give up parental rights before I leave?

A 13 yr old godmother? [ 16 Answers ]

Hello! My aunt asked my mom to be the godmother of her 1 yr old son. My mom was delighted but then my mom and my aunt had noticed that I had treated her son as my brother I feed him, play with him, change his diapers, take him baths and so on... My mom and my aunt had been discussing about me...

View more questions Search