Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cblatham Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2016, 02:41 PM
    Protecting Outdoor Wood Furniture
    Have applied two coats of Varathane natural oil wood finish 'clear #66'. Appears to still need re-coating i.e. dry spots vs high gloss in other areas. The wood is cedar. Is this a problem with the wood or an inherent characteristic of coating cedar wood?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 28, 2016, 04:10 PM
    That's the nature of cedar. You aren't really doing anything other than keep it reddish color for a while longer. And maybe help keep mildew off areas that are unable to dry out.
    Cedar doesn't really need any protective coat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Select Outdoor furniture!! [ 4 Answers ]

I am planning to decorate my garden and want to create a space for sitting. Can anyone tell me as to what type of furniture I should buy, of what material, etc. Please suggest something. Thanks for any suggestions.

Wood Furniture [ 5 Answers ]

I have an antique mirror and am trying to find something out about it. The only things I know are that it is solid wood and the label on the back is pretty much faded but you can see a crown and the quote " The Worlds largest manufacturer of wood furniture" Can you help me?

Waterproofing and protecting exterior wood doors [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know if I can use Thompsons waterproofer/tinted wood protector on new wood doors? My home is cedar shake and I'd like a natural looking finish on the porch doors?. they will never get wet as they are protected by a 4' porch.:)

Protecting outdoor painted wooden furniture [ 1 Answers ]

I am painting a wooden table for outdoor use. Once I've painted it, what coating, substance, or product do I put on the paint once it's dry to protect the table from the elements?

Protecting painted outdoor furniture? [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone know what is the best way to protect painted wood from the elements? Normally on bare wood I would use spar urethane,but they say not to use that on painted surfaces.

View more questions Search