Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazymtn Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2016, 08:11 AM
    Salaried Working the bar
    Hey there,

I'm in a pickle and I can't find the correct information for this.

If we have a regularly salaried employee, who decides to work in our tasting room/bar on the weekends, are we able to pay him a base hourly wage as well for just this position?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 27, 2016, 08:20 AM
    Probably come under the heading of over time.

Sep 27, 2016, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Probably come under the heading of over time.
    Can you further explain? I didn't quite understand that.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 27, 2016, 08:38 AM
    Overtime - hours worked over and above your normal contract.

Sep 27, 2016, 08:40 AM
    Right sorry. Should've clarified. They are salaried exempt and they will be working to pick up tips at our tasting room.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 27, 2016, 08:47 AM
    We have salaried people working parttime hourly position, nights and weekends. This is a separate job for them and treated separately.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 27, 2016, 10:47 AM
    So salaried exempt, with an added hourly base + tips. Yes, I'd do what ScottGem has mentioned.
    Beware of some state laws, however. If you are really concerned about something like insurance liability and there's a chance that a claim would be denied if someone is working too many hours for safety, you might want to consult a labor lawyer in your state, as well as your comp carrier.

Sep 27, 2016, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    So salaried exempt, with an added hourly base + tips. Yes, I'd do what ScottGem has mentioned.
    Beware of some state laws, however. If you are really concerned about something like insurance liability and there's a chance that a claim would be denied if someone is working too many hours for safety, you might want to consult a labor lawyer in your state, as well as your comp carrier.
    Thank you and scottgem!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much time do salaried employees get compensated for working over 40 hours? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a salareid employee working for a non-profit and my work week is Monday - Friday. We have a special week long event coming up that we are now required to work at and one of the days I'm reqired to work is on a Saturday which I normally have off. They are only compensating me half a day. Is...

Hourly, salaried and working terms [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My question is simply this. I am a salaried person at a church. When after almost three years they finally offered me a raise of $50 a month more. They decided that I needed to work another hour. When I put the math to what they were purposing I found I was losing about $1.44 per hour...

How to Calculate Tax return for H1B holder working in US as an salaried employee [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a salaried employee, working in US since mid April, 2007. For the first 2 months I was not working. I started working from Mid June and working till now. My employer has enrolled me as an employee after getting the first project in month of June only. So, I have received the first...

Address bar not working properly [ 2 Answers ]

I am running windows XP and I have the address bar sitting underneath my start bar. It has been working perfectly until just recently. Now when I type in "cmd" it tries to open up the webpage "http://cmd/" rather than just opening up the command prompt window. I don't know why it has started...

View more questions Search