Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vshepard Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2016, 11:09 AM
    How do I get a transcript from Video Technical Institute, DallasTX, 1985?
    How do I get a transcript from Video Technical Institute, Dallas, TX? I graduated in 1985. Is there a phone number or just an address I could get information from? I need this ASAP
    Vshepard Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2016, 12:22 PM
    Date of closure
    What is the school closure date of Video Technical Institute (VTI), Dallas, TX?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 25, 2016, 04:16 PM
    Technical schools from over 30 years ago are often a bust, sorry.
    Contact the Texas Dept of Secondary School Education, or whatever it's called in Texas, to see if that school is on a list of ones that had to maintain archives. Even if they are in storage, it's probably not digitized, and you would have to pay an arm and a leg to have some company in charge of the archives to look manually.
    I'm guessing you are out of luck, or won't want to pay the fee.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 25, 2016, 04:40 PM
    If it is now closed, and if it was accredited, you can contact the Department of Education for the State and they will have the records. If the school is closed and it was not accredited normally there is no record and you will not be able to get copies of it.
    txcop215 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2017, 09:10 PM
    I have contacted both of the agency(s) at the bottom of this page and both have the same answer.
    The Dallas branch of VTI was taken over by:
    American Trade Institute
    6627 Maple, Dallas, TX 75235
    (214) 352-2222

They should have all of the old student information and records... (SHOULD HAVE!! )
    (I do not think they have any records any longer which in certain situations could be a good thing.

HOW EVER every time I call a voice recording tells me that no one is available and to leave a message.
    So far no calls have been returned.

NOW

The agency(s) below are helping me. I was having a problem getting back into school.
    They are currently writing a letter advising that VTI has closed down and the student records are no longer available. Which will no longer hold me back from attending a university.
    If you need any further help I would contact one of the following.

State Higher Education Agency
    Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
    1200 E. Anderson Lane
    Austin, TX 78711-2788
    Phone: (512) 427-6101

State Adult Education Agency
    Texas Workforce Commission
    Adult Education and Literacy
    1117 Trinity Street
    Austin, TX 78705
    Phone: (512) 463-7419
    Fax: (713) 696-0797
    Website: http://www.twc.state.tx.us/svcs/adultlit/adult-basic-education.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Transcripts from Berks Technical Institute [ 1 Answers ]

Need website to get my transcripts from Berks Technical Institute for another school.

VTI - Video Technical Institute [ 1 Answers ]

Lost Transcripts, would like to locate them VTI - Video Technical Institute Signal Hill California 1984-1986

Control Data Institute Transcript, Dallas, Tx [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find contact information for any agency that could have transcripts for Control Data Institute in Dallas, TX. The institute has been closed closed for a number of years. I attended in 1977-1978.

Where is my transcript from Yorktowne Institute in Landover [ 2 Answers ]

I attented Yorktowne Institute in Landover Maryland and never receive a Transcript or a Certificate showing that I finished the course in Computer Operations. I do I find my transcript.

video technical institute dallas tx [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for my school records

View more questions Search