Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    norqv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2016, 12:03 PM
    Science and hadith
    In one hadith of the prophit he said that "every day the sun pray and asks allah from which side she rise and allah say raise from the east. But in the day of judgment allah tell her to rise from where she set last. (I am not good in english but I am sure you will understand me). So, from this hadith I clearly see that the sun raise and set. But today's science saying that the sun never raise never sets. The hadith and the science is contradicting in my understanding. What do you say?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 24, 2016, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by norqv View Post
    In one hadith of the prophit he said that "every day the sun pray and asks allah from which side she rise and allah say raise from the east. But in the day of judgment allah tell her to rise from where she set last. (I am not good in english but I am sure you will understand me). So, from this hadith I clearly see that the sun raise and set. But today's science saying that the sun never raise never sets. The hadith and the science is contradicting in my understanding. What do you say?
    I found this link that may help explain the prophecy about the sun rising in the west. It's a long passage to read, but seems clear:

Harun Yahya

Especially interesting are the final lines:

"On the Day the first blast shudders, and the second blast follows it.”(Surat an-Nazi'at, 6-7)
    This verse mentions two great tremors. The first may be the collision with the Earth of another star or heavenly body.
    This collision will stop the revolution of the Earth that has gone on without interruption for millions of years.
    After the first collision, the second will occur. The horror of this collision will be even greater than that of the first.
    With this collision, the Earth will start to rotate in the opposite direction that is, from west to east. As a result, the sun will not rise in the east but in the west.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2016, 02:45 PM
    Actually, the sun doesn't rise or set The sun doesn't move. It is the rotation of the earth that makes it appear the sun rises. In the past, religions had issues with a helio centric theory and taught that the earth was the center of the universe. So, apparently religions aren't always right.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 24, 2016, 03:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Actually, the sun doesn't rise or set The sun doesn't move. It is the rotation of the earth that makes it appear the sun rises. In the past, religions had issues with a helio centric theory and taught that the earth was the center of the universe. So, apparently religions aren't always right.
    The link I posted explains that and also explains why and how the prophesy came about, seemingly contradictory to science.
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2016, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    The link I posted explains that and also explains why and how the prophesy came about, seemingly contradictory to science.
    I read the link,similar to Revaluation. Regardless, the sun does not rise or set.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 24, 2016, 03:36 PM
    I read the link,similar to Revaluation. Regardless, the sun does not rise or set.
    Therefore, you never say that in conversation.

Mohammad and the Bible guys weren't up on modern astronomy.
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2016, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Therefore, you never say that in conversation.

Mohammad and the Bible guys weren't up on modern astronomy.
    Geocentric theory lasted until about 1600 AD. Actually, the Muslim Astronomers were very intelligent, they didn't have good telescopes and therefore stuck with geocentric theory. Kepler really got things started regarding Heliocentric theory and orbits-NO Computer!
    It was not until 1618 ( only 400 years ago) that Kepler came up with his final law (published in 1619 in Third Law in Harmonices Mundi

"The square of the planet's orbital period is proportional to the cube of the orbital size (semi-major axis). In equation form, P2 = K a3, where P is the period, a is the semi-major axis, and K is a constant". Pretty smart!

So yes, the Bible may be morally correct but not scientifically correct. I still wonder how Noah wrestled 2 Polar Bears into the Ark after going all the way to the North Pole?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2016, 06:40 AM
    Actually, the sun doesn't rise or set The sun doesn't move.
    Of course, it does. The sun moves at roughly 460,000 miles per hour around the center of the Milky Way galaxy. One complete orbit takes about 250 million years.
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2016, 09:08 AM
    In that context it does move but not from an earth's perspective as was asked by the OP.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Process Of Collection Of Hadith [ 0 Answers ]

I have an uncle who completely deny with the process of saving Hadith. I know it is a case of "Little knowing is more dangerous" but I really want to face him and give the information about the authenticity of Hadith.Can anyone post any link to me where I can have information about it?

Faith on hadith [ 1 Answers ]

Sir how can I believe in hadith as a muslim.. because my ALLAH gives us a QURAN which is totally complete ? Is Quran is incomplete without hadith if no.. so why we believe in hadith what I think...

Which Hadith Shall we believe ? [ 1 Answers ]

Shall we believe in Hadith ? If so , Which Hadith we believe most ?

Hadith noor [ 0 Answers ]

Assalam o alikum brother what do u say about Hadith noor in which jabiray Allah be pleased with him quotes about prophet Mohammed pbuh is noor.

Is this said in hadith when you eat don [ 2 Answers ]

Is thire any hadith which said that when u eat do not talk

View more questions Search