Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shuvro_73 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2016, 01:19 PM
    How decrypt files from windows 7?
    All of my files suddenly encrypted while watching movies online. How can I decrypt all my files and folders ?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 22, 2016, 01:22 PM
    Sounds like an attack of cryptolocker, or similar, ransomware.
    The best way is to clear your system and restore from backups.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2016, 03:46 PM
    Yep sounds like you got ransomware. Like Curly says I hope you have your data backed up. I wouldn't pay the ransom. Wipe your hard drive and reinstall the OS, applications, and data.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have windows Vista, and I can't open files designated to Windows Media Center? [ 9 Answers ]

I have Windows Vista, which came with this computer, And occasionally get files from my daughter's school designated to Windows Media Center, which I can't open in anything. There seems to be nowhere to open it in Media Center, but when I click it... that's where it takes me. Very frustrating.

Windows Files Transfer [ 1 Answers ]

I installed Windows Vista Ultimate to my new hard drive. I have Windows Home Premium on my old hard drive. I would like to copy everything except the Windows folder because it is corrupt. It there any way to exclude the Windows folder from being transferred?

Nokia n70 .enc files: how to encrypt/decrypt on comp [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Nokia n70. My friend installed a prog that encrypts files with extension .enc Is it possible for me encrypt/decrypt files on my comp and then transfer it on phone as it takes very long to decrypt large media files?

How do I repair Windows XP without deleting my files? [ 2 Answers ]

HI! My computer is trying to die I think. When I sat down to do some work, it had a black screen and said that there was an error with the windows OS. I searched for repairs on another computer, but none of them worked. My computer won't let me repair the windows file. I do not want to delete...

View more questions Search