Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2016, 10:54 AM
    Copyright question
    Does anyone have any knowledge about how to copyright?
    I know the copyright office is in Washington, DC but cannot get anyone on the line.
    I want to know if a GROUP of short stories/poetry could be copywritten as a GROUP (one Number) and not individually?
    Thank You.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 22, 2016, 11:08 AM
    Yes, they can. Anything you write and that is complete or "fixed" is immediately copyrighted. Put on each finished piece or group of pieces, e.g., c2016, Wondergirl.

Here's more about that from a reliable, legal site:

Copyright is Automatic | Nolo.com
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 23, 2016, 07:20 AM
    Agreed, there is no need to contact anybody at the copyright office. I've always used the form "(c) [Year] [Your name, or company name] All rights reserved."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a question about an etching: 1937 Copyright Camilla Lucas NY USA. [ 0 Answers ]

This is a print of an etching I believe because there are the words at the top left of the picture which say 'copyright 1937 Camilla Lucas NY USA'. The etching is in a gold wooden frame about 10- 3/4 " by 13-1/2". The etching itself is about 8-1/2" by 6". The picture is surrounded by about 2" of...

Sheet Music Copyright Question [ 4 Answers ]

This is a question about sheet music copyright. A composer signs an agreement with a music publisher to produce and distribute his work. After many years, sales are very low, but the publishing company still retails the rights. The composer wants to rework the composition to use for another type of...

Question about copyright site [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a question about a copyright site MyFreeCopyright.com: FREE Copyright Protection. I have quite a few things I want to copyright but I was reading their terms and they mention the following: By accessing any of the (their company name here) sites or using any services provided,...

Copyright [ 3 Answers ]

If there's a picture of someone in a public profile on a website, can I copy that picture? Can I post it? Can I use only a first name with the picture? Or is it atomatically copyrited by the person who's profile it is? Or do you have to file for a copyright on that picture?

View more questions Search