Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sean11530 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2016, 06:50 AM
    Can I read radio waves on my iPhone
    I'm interested in knowing if there is an application (or is it possible) to read radio waves on a phone?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 22, 2016, 07:06 AM
    What do you mean by read ?
    The iPhone already picks up many forms of radio waves, cell, wifi, bluetooth, audio broadcasts.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2016, 09:12 AM
    An App will do nothing if you don't have a means to tune, intercept and demodulate or differentiate and decode in some cases the signals on it.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Sep 24, 2016, 08:07 AM
    Your phone is basically a mobile computer. A radio uses certain frequencies to intercept signals from the stations that operate at those frequencies. Your phone does not have the tuner that does that. But many radio stations have internet associated links to their over the air productions. So all you have to do is search the stations call sign on the net like WKRG or WKRG Minneapolis or whatever and you should be able to acquire the link and listen to music from your phone as long as that particular station is also on the net.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2017, 10:44 AM
    Not sure what you mean by "Read" Radio waves. They may have a Spectrum Analyzer App. Would Show Frequency. To do anything with the Interested Frequency, You would need more than a phone as there are so many methods to send Audio, Video, and Data.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intergalatic radio waves [ 1 Answers ]

Intergalatic radio waves

Question for radio waves ? [ 4 Answers ]

Is it true the sun does not realiy produce a real radio waves but similar frequency radio waves

What are radio waves exactly? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know how they work and what are their uses.

What is the biological affects of radio waves? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know if these waves make live things loose their health or not and if yes how they do it.

View more questions Search