Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yusf Posts: 198, Reputation: 3

Sep 21, 2016, 11:38 AM
    Please tell me which ohysics concept to apply for this question.
    I have no idea how to solve this question. Please tell me which physics concept I need to apply here.
    The question has been attatched here. There is also a translation of this question in bengali which you can ignore.
    Attached Images

ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 21, 2016, 12:52 PM
    1 meter square football field? Must be for teams of ants!

The concept to use is Lorentz contraction, which will take place in the AB (horizontal) direction. There is no contraction in the vertical direction.

Dec 8, 2016, 09:11 PM
    Wait a minute. While explaining this to a friend of mine, I realised that AEB and CFD Are also parts of the football field. So, how do I calculate the area of a field with the two semi circles having Lorentz contraction on one dimension only?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 9, 2016, 08:00 AM
    First calculate the original (uncontracted) area. With contraction applied in one direction only the new area = original area times the contraction factor.

Dec 13, 2016, 05:21 AM
    Thanks!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concept [ 1 Answers ]

Wonder can anybdy help me on when I conceived

I am in india.I want to apply for PR of Australia.How can I apply for it? [ 1 Answers ]

Now adays I am in Dly.working in a company of I T.I wish to own PR Of Australia. Can I apply for it while living in India? If yes how can I?

Which concept can apply to this problem, and how should I start it [ 5 Answers ]

Three blocks are pushed up a frictionless plane that is inclined at an angle of 30 degrees with respect to the horizontal as shown below. The blocks move together with constant acceleration a = 3.0 m/s2. The masses of the blocks are: MA = MC = 1 kg, and MB = 2 kg. M=Mass The magnitude of the...

Question on mole concept. [ 1 Answers ]

The density of solid AgCl is 5.56 g/cc.Solid is arranged in cubic aray of Ag= & cl- ions spaced at a distance of 2773 Armstrong.With this find Avogadro constant.

View more questions Search