Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    K_miller11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2016, 09:53 AM
    How to read a station plot
    I have a station plot, and it is confusing...

I understand that circle in the centre indicates a manned station and a triangle in the centre indicates an automated station.

1) What if I have a circle filled in (indicating full cloud cover) and a triangle to the bottom right of it? Is that a manned station with triangle indicating past conditions?

2) What if I have a dot in the centre (no indication of cloud cover) and a triangle to the bottom right of it? Is that a manned station with triangle indicating past conditions?

^^ In both these instances the wind indicator (stick with feathers) is coming off the circle or the dot, not the triangle.

In automated stations, would the wind indicator come off the triangle?

3) Also How do I code a pressure of 680 mb? There is a short hand for pressures of 1003.5 mb (035) or 986.8 mb (869), but how would I indicate a pressure of less than 900 mb on a station plot?

Thank you

Check out some similar questions!

In two station power pack pressure switch goes when we operate other station, why? [ 0 Answers ]

We have two station power pack which is used for job clamping in CNC machines. From one station we are operating 4 clamping cylinder. We have pressure switch to get clamping feedback. When we operate other station, pressure switch from the first station goes. Why? In one station we have 1....

How to read city sewer plot digits? [ 1 Answers ]

City gave me a plot to help us determine sewer connection that is clogged near one connection. Service people found a clean out 100' away and cleaned some roots until blocked. Further service needs $1000+. On the plot one connection is marked as 0+00(60)"Y", another is 0+98(60)"WYE". What does...

I read a series of books (6 or 7) I remember the plot, not the titles. [ 1 Answers ]

I read a series of 6 or 7 books about 15 years ago. I need help remembering the name of the series, I don't remember the name of the books or characters. I only remember the plot line and a couple of odd things that happened. I remember a girl travelled to another world or time at first by...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.