Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missmew_69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2016, 12:17 PM
    Can a jute backing area rug, be placed over wall to wall carpeting ?
    I want to purchase a jute backing area rug, which has shag carpet on the front of the area rug. My question is, will the jute backing lay flat on top of the wall to wall carpet that is already there?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2016, 06:11 PM
    It is not advisable to put carpet over carpet. The lower carpet has a tendency to rot and nest all kinds of bugs.

If it was an Oriental rug will an unsealed back it would because it will let the lower carpet breathe.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I install a rug runner (jute backing) on my stairs, should I install a padding? [ 1 Answers ]

I tore up the carpeting on my main stairway and it has pine wood steps. I’m stapling a Persian rug with a jute backing. Does it need a padding to keep it quiet for the downstairs tenants? What kind of padding should I use? Also may I just staple it instead of tacking it? Should I bind the edge...

What is the going rate for 7000 sq ft pool area wall to pressure clean [ 0 Answers ]

I need to give a price for pressure cleaning the walls around a swimming poo; area at a fitness club of 7000 sq ft.

Running Romex from a wall to an exposed area [ 2 Answers ]

I am remodeling my basement. There is a common wall between the finished area and an unfinished storeage area. Since there are outlets on the wall facing the finished area I will put drywall on both sides to cover the Romex in the wall. I will be installing a switch for lighting in the...

Can I put a jute backed rug on a laminate without a rug pad or will it ruin thefloor [ 14 Answers ]

I have a Pergo laminate floor and I want to buy a jute backed rug to put on part of the floor. Do I need a rug pad (and what kind) or can I just lay the rug without ruining the laminate flooring.

Hanging rug on concrete wall [ 2 Answers ]

How can I hang a rug on my outside patio concrete wall. It's an outdoor rug and since it's so pretty I decided to hag it on my patio wall instead of lying it on the floor. It's 2'7''x4'11''.

View more questions Search