Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Sep 18, 2016, 07:28 PM
    2004 Ford Focus - Interior Alarm Problem
    This morning I drove home from church, parked the car, shut off the ignition and opened the driver's side door.

The internal alarm (lights on/not in Park) started pinging. With the door closed, the alarm stops. If the ignition key is in the ignition and I open the door, no alarm.

Can anyone help me please?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Sep 19, 2016, 05:59 AM
    The alarm control module may be failing or is detecting a sensor that is not working as designed. You will need to find a shop locally that can determine what actual component is responsible and then replace it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 ford focus vibration problem? [ 3 Answers ]

2001 ford focus started vibrating last winter when I would back out of garage acted like brake was on hard to move. Since then I have replaces struts, brakes and drums, changed tran fluid, replaced tentioner pully, and now the vibrations is in all gears but still not all the time but more so when...

Ford focus instrument,interior lights, failure [ 4 Answers ]

As above my 2002 plate ford focus is having load of electrical problems instrument have stopped working so I don't know how fast I am going or how much petrol I have also the computer you have indicating how much mileage you have done has died. The interior lights also have stopped working so I...

Ford focus 2004 goes into neutral at 60km/h [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a ford focus I think it's a 2004 model. The other day my boyfriend was driving the car and as he drove around the corner (not speeding or anything) there was a noise that sounded like we drove over a reflector or something on the road. However, now when the car is in drive, when it gets...

Electrical problem - 2004 Ford F-250 Diesel 6.0 liter [ 2 Answers ]

When driving, lose all electrical - lights, guages, radio, A/C. Replaced both batteries on first occurrence... vehicle ran fine for 3 days. Now problem has returned. Lights/guages will flash briefly every 5-6 seconds. Eventually vehicle will stop running. Vehicle now will not start. Is this...

Location of alarm system in a 2004 ford explorer [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the alarm module housed on a 2004 ford explorer?

View more questions Search