Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mariazzzzz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2016, 03:47 PM
    Imaginary numbers project java
    You remember the imaginary number, I, right? You should also recall that i1=i, i2= ­1, i3= ­i, i4=1,

I

5=i, i6= ­1, i7= ­i, i8=1, and so on. Notice i5=i

This is because 5%4 = 1 (Modulus operation of 4

on the exponent 5 is 1). Similarly we see how the powers of I “cycle” around.

In this program, write a program where you take an exponent of I of your choosing (not the one I

use below in the example), perform a modulus operation on the exponent, and then outputs the

equivalent expression per the chart above.

For example, if I used i10, you would write a program that would output the following sentences:

“I am examining i to the power of 10.”

“The exponent “10” is 2 modulus 4.” (NOTE: Use the modulus operation on the exponent to get

the result of 2. Also note the quotation marks around the 10.)

THEN have your program print out the following sentences.

“If the modulus operation of 4 on the exponent of I is 1, then the result is “i”.”

“If the modulus operation of 4 on the exponent of I is 2, then the result is “­1”.”

“If the modulus operation of 4 on the exponent of I is 3, then the result is “­i”.”

“If the modulus operation of 4 on the exponent of I is 0, then the result is “1”.”

write a program where you take an exponent of i8
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2016, 06:31 PM
    Not big on doing your homework in these forums, however, if you give it a go there are plenty of persons who are willing to help you along...

Side note:

Imaginary numbers

knowing this...

etc.

Modulus would be good way to find the remainder, to process higher powers of i.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Java project [ 0 Answers ]

Hello , I am a biginner programming and this is my first project in java. The project is to develop the game Translate the Word... It is asking user to translate a word proposed to and check if the input response is correct. At the end of the game score will be calculated and displayed. Game...

Java Project [ 0 Answers ]

Project - Download - 4shared I have some errors in my java project, please help me out !

Need ideas for a Java project [ 1 Answers ]

Which topic is best in java so I can do for college project ? Please help, which must be easy and attractive!

Java project [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can any one send a final year project on wireless communication I need a sample for my project so those who have please so submit

View more questions Search