Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tempestx1126 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2016, 04:40 PM
    How much practical value does SHRM's Assurance of Learning certificate hold? (US CA)
    I'm a recent graduate who is about to celebrate her one-year anniversary as a Recruiting Coordinator. But as much as I love the finance firm I currently work for, I feel like I've hit a plateau and now I am looking to get an entry-level general HR position in the gaming/tech/entertainment/creative industry. Will having a SHRM Assurance of Learning certificate help me? Will hiring teams see value in it or even recognize it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 15, 2016, 05:23 PM
    It will depend on the company and how they view education and other certifications. I am also not sure, what country this is , this is an international site.

I did not goggle your certificate but I have never heard of it,

Sep 15, 2016, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    It will depend on the company and how they view education and other certifications. I am also not sure, what country this is , this is an international site.

I did not goggle your certificate but I have never heard of it,
    Sorry! I forgot to add location. Post has been edited but this is in US California.

I was expecting that you've never heard of it, but I was also hoping that you would. Thank you for your response!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 16, 2016, 05:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tempestx1126 View Post
    Sorry! I forgot to add location. Post has been edited but this is in US California.

I was expecting that you've never heard of it, but I was also hoping that you would. Thank you for your response!
    Explaing what this was would have been a good thing to do. I had never heard of it before but after googling it found it was some type of human resources course.

Any cert that improves your chances of getting what you want in the business world should be taken advantage of.

Sep 16, 2016, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Explaing what this was would have been a good thing to do. I had never heard of it before but after googling it found it was some type of human resources course.

Any cert that improves your chances of getting what you want in the business world should be taken advantage of.
    I didn't explain what it was because I figured that if HR professionals like yourself don't already know about it, then it actually does not hold any weight on a resume.

This is the website for SHRM's Assurance of Learning: https://www.shrm.org/academicinitiat...s/default.aspx

I have emailed SHRM about eligibility for their SHRM-CP certification because I think I may be eligible. But I also found another certification by HRCI that I want to look into as well: https://www.hrci.org/our-programs/ou...fications/aphr

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identify one approved quality assurance scheme [ 2 Answers ]

Identify one approved quality assurance

Is it normal to need CONSTANT re-assurance? [ 3 Answers ]

I seem to be going through some sort of "mid-life crises" where I'm not only peri-menopausal, but it seems I need constant re-assurance in everything I do, say, think, respond to, etc... Am I losing maturity, being overly sensitive,? I've pretty well lost my passion for what I do, yet I know I'm...

Looking for re-assurance that I'm not pregnant! [ 9 Answers ]

Well OK to start I am 23 and he is 27... so both over 18... I had my period August 6th and had unprotected sex on August 21 or 22... can I be pregnant? I usually have a normal 28 to 29 day cycle... I am not on any birth control at all either... I just want to know if it is possible at all to get...

I need re-assurance [ 1 Answers ]

At 27yrs of age I’m still a virgin. Life sucks, huh? I feel like such a loser and ashamed for letting it go this long. But the reason I haven’t done it yet is because girls just don’t want to go out with me because I have a stammer. When they realise what I’ve got, they laugh in my face and that...

VA Assurance? [ 4 Answers ]

So my husband and I have had absolutely NO LUCK finding a bank to lend to us. My husband was in the military for 13yrs and so we decided to try and get a VA loan. Well we got a paper in the mail saying it was a VA Assurance for 38K. Does anyone know anything about this? Does that mean that a...

View more questions Search