Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mh172474 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2016, 09:36 AM
    can hearing voices happen randomly
    I haven't changed anything about my life but all of a sudden I am hearing someone tell me to kill myself is this even possible? I can't figure out who is telling me this. I am always in a public place but there is not a one person that is always there. Am I hearing things? Can hearing voices start when it's never happened before?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2016, 10:11 AM
    Yes it can, and its probably for an easily treatable condition you have developed, You can speak to your doctor who will likely refer you to a mental health provider for diagnosis and treatment..
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 15, 2016, 01:06 PM
    mh - how old are you?
    mh172474 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2016, 10:58 AM
    I am 17
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 16, 2016, 11:34 AM
    That's the most common age (late teens) for schizophrenia to develop. Try not to be afraid, because I can't possibly know if you have that or something else, or are just very stressed, or have a physical condition. I know someone who was hallucinating and it turned out she was hyperthyroid! I was straightforward about it, however, because the sooner you get to a clinic, the better. You may need a complete checkup before a referral to a mental health therapist.

Where (generally) do you live? Do you know what's near you for help?
    You do need to tell your parent(s) or guardian. If they don't believe you, talk to a teacher. If you have a school nurse, that's the best person to tell first.

Are you ingesting anything unusual, in the area of nutritional supplements, teas, pot, other drugs? Do you have any huge stresses in your life right now, or other unusual symptoms?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I may be hearing voices.. [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, tonight at 3 am I took a hot bath while my boyfriend was fixing his vapor. Well, I laid down in the hot bath and eventually sat back up well, when I did I herd my boyfriend say "BABE. HEY BABE". I yelled out "YES?" No-One answered. So I yelled out "BABE" and he said "YEAH" And I asked him...

Hearing voices [ 5 Answers ]

While I was asleep someone linked to me and I heard a female voice saying that "i want to harm you" the voice was sooo loud I woke up feeling confused because I don't understand why someone would... and I never heard that voice before... o.o

Hearing voices, etc. [ 1 Answers ]

I hear voices and see shadows,have been touched twice!

Hearing Voices in Schizophrenia [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My daughter,34, is hearing voices for more than 10 years and no Antipschotic medications can stop the bad voices, also, the more dosage she received - the better condition she were in. She receives Clozapine , and the doctors tried to add other meds too, in all combinations. She is...

Hearing voices [ 1 Answers ]

I think I'm going nuts now OK during our testing sometimes I'll hear a bunch of people like the people in the room and it gives me a head ache like I'd be siting doing my test then I hear a bunch of whispers some are easy for me to dispher like I'll hear the person sitting next me I'll look I'll...

View more questions Search