Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joseo_5771 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2016, 07:28 AM
    Roof leaks and puddles
    I am repairing a house with a flat concrete roof that has puddles of water in several places. The roof leaks on one side a lot and several small leaks in a couple of rooms. Everyone advises that I should contract someone to scrape and use 2 coats of acrylic and masterflex. But the puddles would remain. One contractor said I need a topping of cement w acrylic to level it out for drainage. That cost big bucks. What is the best solution even if it does cost more money.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2016, 09:10 AM
    While I am not a roofer, Every flat roof I have see has some puddles ( I've been on a number of commercial rooftops and seen many more from that vantage point. But puddles do not equal leaks. Voids in the waterproofing material equals leaks.

Leveling out may not be necessary (depending on how deep the puddles are), but it would provide an extra measure of safety from leaks.

If you have puddles several inches deep... I think you have a problem, if they are very shallow, then its probably normal. Those should evaporate fairly quick.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage roof puddles [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a fix for a flat garage roof that puddles in the middle other than paying to have the entire roof done over ?

Help with roof leaks! [ 11 Answers ]

I have water coming through by my chimney and at least one other vent; I've read that and on inspecting from above and below that the problem is lack of or repair needed of the flashing around these areas. However, I am a novice to do it yourself repair, even though am capable of doing certain...

Want to replace roof, it's had 5 leaks repaired - what should I do? [ 1 Answers ]

I own a home that is about 30 yrs old and has a clay/tile type roof. With age and a couple of hurricanes there have been leaks that have been repaired, of these three via the insurance co. (less deductible) and two which i have paid for out of pocket given the small size of the problem. We now...

Garage roof leaks [ 2 Answers ]

The valley where the garage and house meet, runs into the wall of a raised ceiling Room. This wall is brick, with siding on it. I had shingles and rotten board replaced, But the roof still leaks around this brick. From inside my garage I can see the water running down the brick, then down...

Lots of leaks in Roof -> what's the best solution [ 12 Answers ]

I bought this house last year May(2006). Last hurricane season passed without anyproblems and leaks anywhere in the house. But this season I have a lot of leak spots all around the house. The leaks started during the windy rains about 2 months back and I noticed all the spots are small and I didn't...

View more questions Search