Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RefFune Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2016, 08:38 PM
    Experience in hiring a funeral directors?
    Can someone share some experience working with a funeral directors because I would like to know how efficient can they be.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 14, 2016, 08:47 PM
    Efficient? In what way?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 15, 2016, 06:32 AM
    Usually the need for a funeral director, or a particular funeral home is established for when the time arrives. Working with them in what capacity. Are you wanting to sell them a product ? Do you want to use their services ? What ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 15, 2016, 05:32 PM
    Some are very professional others not so much. In the states I work for, they have to be licensed and have a lot of formal training. They are to try to make the use of a funeral facility as good as possible, due to a death.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2016, 06:10 PM
    I'm not sure how efficiency fits in here. Hard to directly help you with your question since we don't really know what forms the basis for the question. I have a very good friend in the business, have known for 50+ years. His father owned it first and now his son. However, they are kind of 'car salespersons". Over the past 15 years I have buried my mom and dad. Dad by standard burial, Mom by cremation. Standard $4,000. Cremation $900. In both cases they were professionally performed.
    All states, at least those I am aware of, require licensing, registration and inspections. Here is the GA link, where I now live.
    Funeral Services | Georgia Department of Law's Consumer Protection Unit
    There is no set pricing for any company. In fact, most Funeral homes now have "cremation services" in their information. Most people waste money by buying special caskets and "sealed" vaults. Hey, you're gone! Some states require embalming some do not. Jews and Muslims are not embalmed nor cremated. Preplanning, after buying a lot is, in my opinion, a waste of money. They can have your funds for 30 years or more, and you get no return. My Mom, my wife and I enrolled in a Cremation Society. $25 to join, locks in the cremation price whenever needed. Our Catholic church has a memorial garden for cremains. $250 if a member of the church, $500 if not. Gets you a 24" X 24" spot and a small brass marker. Must be in a paper or wooden container, bio-degradable. Holy Ghost Monastery, Conyers, GA, offers direct burial, no coffin, no embalming, no vault. Many other places are doing the same. Lots of options. GA requires a Funeral home to allow you to use your own coffin. A friend of mine, a very accomplished woodworker, made his after being diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What kind of experience do mechanics look for when hiring a trainee? [ 0 Answers ]

I changed my major to Auto Mechanics, what kind of experience should I rack up to increase the odds of finding a job.

Need business letter to funeral directors recommending small catering company [ 2 Answers ]

Need business letter to funeral directors recommending small catering company

Experience? Does my previous work count as actual bookkeeping experience? [ 10 Answers ]

I have done work that required , I kept all records for a friends pharmacy delivery company mileage, orders,submitting this info for payment from company's and reconciling company's statements with her stubs to make sure she was paid correctly for all work she did. Also did similar work for a...

Funeral directors in Canada, licensing requirements [ 1 Answers ]

What type of licensing is required of a funeral director in Canada?

View more questions Search