Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LWrix Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2016, 09:53 AM
    Horsetail Plants
    We live in Southern Ontario Canada, and I was wondering where the spores from horsetail come from? My neighbour is claiming that the horsetail in her garden came from our pea gravel that we have in an area of our yard. (We have no horsetail in our gardens). I've read as much as I could on this plant and I've found nothing that indicates that the spores come from pea gravel and I would like clarification on this if anyone knows. Much thanks in advance!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 14, 2016, 10:27 AM
    I don't know why she would assume that. The spores could be travelling from anywhere in the neighbourhood, not especially from your pea gravel. That is so funny ! If she doesn't like them, tell her to pull them up.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2016, 12:23 PM
    Airborne spores from those growing in a nearby pond or lake. Must be a very wet area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plants [ 9 Answers ]

I have a question regarding plants: Can you help me come up w/ some products that are sold at the grocery store that are NOT plants or derived directly or indirectly from plants. Exclude glass and metal.

Do fake plants in the office affect productivity as much as real plants? [ 3 Answers ]

Do fake plants in the office affect productivity as much as real plants?

Cannabis Plants [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Im not sure if my questions are appropriate for this site, so please forgive me if they are not. I am currently growing six cannabis plants for my own personal use, I think they are of the sativa variety. I have never grown cannabis before, and I don't really know what I'm doing, so my...

Plants [ 1 Answers ]

How does the mass of a plant increase with its growth

Plants [ 1 Answers ]

Why have flowering plants been so successful in surviving in a variety of habitats?

View more questions Search