Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garycox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2016, 10:58 AM
    Harley Davidson
    I have a 2004 Ultra. When the tank is full it runs great. When I get down to half or below it spits and sputters. Thinking filter or fuel pump somehow losing pressure. It is fuel injected? Anyone else have this issue.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 17, 2016, 12:58 PM
    Have you tried changing fuel caps? If your old cap is clogged and not venting properly it can inhibit the flow of gas from the tank. Think of it as pouring out a bottle. When you let air in it flows smooth but if you cut air off it glugs to get it empty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harley davidson help [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 2002 heritage softail fuel injected that is hard to start. Take four tries or so to get started. Once it started it idles fine but when 25-35mph is reached it cuts out and then picks right back up. Does it also around 55mph and goes away once higher speeds are reached. Problem does not...

Harley davidson [ 0 Answers ]

My 1997 softail runs,but cuts out bad

Harley davidson [ 0 Answers ]

Hard vibration when slowing or at about 40 when not under torque greatly reduced when I pull in on clutch.

Harley davidson [ 1 Answers ]

Harley Road King with EFI. Riding along fine when the green EFI light comes on and the engine drops to a fast idle and will not respond when I attempt to give it gas. I come to a stop , shut it off, wait a few minutes and restart it. Revs up, works fine until the next time it happens again. ...

Ask harley davidson? [ 0 Answers ]

Will the exhaust header from a 98 flt fit my 90 fltcu Thanks for the help

View more questions Search