Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2016, 08:07 AM
    Straight Ticket Voting.
    Suppose you're a register Democrat In primaries you must vote Democratic whether you dislike the candidate or the party In the general election you can cross over. Is that what “Straight Ticket Voting”, is.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 9, 2016, 08:33 AM
    As far as I know, "voting a straight ticket" in the general election means voting for everyone in one party. I would vote ALL Democrat or ALL Republican, and not "split my ticket" by voting for this Democrat and that Republican.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Sep 9, 2016, 08:44 AM
    That is exactly how I see it too.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 9, 2016, 09:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pastor1189 View Post
    Suppose you're a register Democrat In primaries you must vote Democratic whether you dislike the candidate or the party In the general election you can cross over. Is that what “Straight Ticket Voting”, is.
    In most primaries, you can only vote for candidates in the party you are registered for. In a general election you can vote any way you want. As Wondergirl described it straight ticket voting means you vote for all candidates in the same party. It has nothing to do with the difference between primaries and general elections.
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2016, 09:33 AM
    Thank You

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Straight girl needing lesbian friendship? Is she really straight? [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Dr, Sometimes I feel there is a trend for straight women to cross the line, In terms if their sexuality. I am 54 and have know my attraction to women at a young age. In high school I had hoped and prayed that theses emotions were just a sexual development issue. I was very attracted to boys...

Movie?- Man in diner has lottery ticket/heart attack, people won't help/steal ticket [ 1 Answers ]

People are in a diner. An old man is slumped over in his booth. They think he is dead and look in his wallet and find or take a winning lottery ticket. (Either that or he watches the drawing and then slumps over from excitement/heart attack.) He then wakes up and they knock him out again to...

Speeding ticket wrong date to appear before judge on ticket? [ 9 Answers ]

Got a speeding ticket with the wrong date to appear before the judge. The date I received the ticket was 12-19-10 and the date to appear on or before is 1-12-10. Can it be dismissed?

Speeding ticket in Delaware wrong date of birth and race on ticket [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help out.I got a speeding ticket in Delaware,measure speed 58 mph,posted speed 35 mph and was charge for 40 mph with a total of $65.60, I am from New York I can pay this ticket but there are incorrect date of Birt and my race on the ticket.should I try to beat this ticket and will I...

Bi & crushing on a straight girl. Not really sure if she is straight though. [ 10 Answers ]

'Ello (: I will give you some foundation on my situation! :] My name is Caitlin & I'm 14 years of age. I have been Bisexual for the past 2 years now & its something that I KNOW. I won't ever change being who I am. I am more into guys than girls. Bad experiences & such. I have been in...

View more questions Search