Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomlee8188 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2016, 04:26 AM
    Why do girls cover their underwear with shorts or spandex under their skirts/dresses?
    Most girls seem to wear black shorts or spandex underneath their skirts and dresses
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 9, 2016, 05:32 AM
    Some girls. Maybe a lot where you are.
    A few guesses:
    - Fashion du jour, to look athletic
    - Good for under short skirts so panties aren't seen
    - The Spandex acts like a girdle
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Sep 9, 2016, 07:29 AM
    Lets see, could it be because the girls want to keep "Roaming Hands" away from where the guys want to go?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Sep 9, 2016, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomlee8188 View Post
    Most girls seem to wear black shorts or spandex underneath their skirts and dresses
    My first guess is modesty. So if your skirt flies up you don't see their underwear or thighs or anything they don't want you to see. As well my wife wears it to prevent "chub rub" or skin irritation caused by their thighs rubbing together. For fashion I Think it works better then a slip because it allows the skirt/dress to fall naturally or as the designer had intended. It could also prevent Visible Panty Lines form appearing through their skirt, or depending on the garment, the Panties being visible.

It also prevents perverts from seeing parts of their body that they're not comfortable with.

There are countless reasons. You can always ask a girl as well.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 9, 2016, 09:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomlee8188 View Post
    Have you actually seen "most" girls? How do you define girls, any female or females of a certain age grouping? I strongly object to people who make such broad statements where they could no possibly support the contention. I was walking through a mall last weekend and did not notice a preponderance of females attired that way. So your premise that "most" girls dress that way starts erroneously.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 9, 2016, 09:35 AM
    Spandex is worn to make a less then perfect silhouette slimmer and trimmer. It is the modern day 'girdle' only in a more simplified form.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 9, 2016, 07:28 PM
    I wear a slip and shorts under dresses because I teach Kindergarten and often have students with wandering hands. Until they learn proper behavior, I'm double covered.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 9, 2016, 07:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    I wear a slip and shorts under dresses because I teach Kindergarten and often have students with wandering hands. Until they learn proper behavior, I'm double covered.
    And we often sit on the floor or on little chairs.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 9, 2016, 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    And we often sit on the floor or on little chairs.
    Yes, we do. I had no idea how touchy-feely this age would be. I do spend a lot of time crawling around doing puzzles or testing at their level. Shorts work well, but the point of a slip is to not see through the skirt/dress. So, I wear both.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 9, 2016, 08:13 PM
    Underwear is just that, to wear under and not be seen. Many girls wear such short skirts, that what they wear under is easily seen.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 10, 2016, 05:26 AM
    I think he might be referring to the Spandex worn at or just below the knee, under a very long top or a short skirt.
    That's a lot more common than hidden ones.
    Womens Stretch Biker Bike Shorts Workout Spandex Leggings Knee Length XS s M L | eBay
    Limited Women Spandex Space Lightning Galaxy Graphic Leggings Shorts s L | eBay
    https://www.amazon.com/UGET-Womens-P...N2SRH8VSFDPKRR

If I were a teen again, I'd splurge on the space ones!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 10, 2016, 03:08 PM
    My 14 year old wears shorts under her skirts because she doesn't want her skirt flying up and her underwear showing, and also, with shorts she can still be active and not worry about showing things she shouldn't. She can ride her bike to school wearing a skirt because of the shorts under that skirt. She can play soccer or basketball with her friends during lunch break without having to change clothes. It allows her to wear a skirt but still do all the things she likes to do instead of primly sitting on a bench watching others have fun.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2016, 04:27 PM
    Probably because guys like you are looking up their skirts.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2016, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    Probably because guys like you are looking up their skirts.
    Oh that takes all the fun out of it... ;) But yeah...guys do that, even the ones who won't admit it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Chemical diagram of spandex joined to spandex [ 2 Answers ]

I want to have a chemical diagram of spandex joined to spandex so I can see the forces that hold these chemicals together

Plus size bermuda shorts for girls [ 12 Answers ]

Kay, I'm a girl, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me where to find like, size 16-18 plaid bermuda shorts. I am going to trust you with the info of where I live, I live in London Ontario and if anyone could give me the store name and address of a place that would carry the above specified,...

Is it normal that my husband wears girls underwear? [ 12 Answers ]

I found a pair of underwear in my husbands closet when I confronted him about it he was mortified that he had to tell me they were his, is this normal for my husband to wear girls underwear because they are comfortable?

View more questions Search