Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aida Elawad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2016, 08:26 PM
    Alpha arbutin
    Can I mix alpha arbtin with my body lotion?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Sep 8, 2016, 07:46 AM
    Hi!

Why do you want to lighten your skin?

You can mix Alpha Arbutin into your body lotion. It will dissolve and you will probably get the skin lightening effects your want. The problem is that there is still a cancer risk using Alpha Arbutin. A German lab has found that Alpha Arbutin can be degraded into hydroquinone in the gut via intestinal bacteria. This will increase your risk of developing intestinal cancer.

You should be safe if you're using it externally, but I would caution using it because of it's possible carcinogen properties. I would probably take some time to reflect on why you want to lighten your skin, if it is a self-image/esteem problem or what not, and make sure you're doing it for the right reasons. You're beautiful the way you are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I get alpha arbutin and how do you use it? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm using Hydroquinone 4% and Retin a 0.1% for about 4 months now on my upper body and face, not on my legs. It has lightened me about 2.5 shades on my face, neck, arms and decollete. My stomach, back and buttocks are still on their way, its working really slowly there. But anyway, I plan on...

Alpha arbutin? [ 30 Answers ]

Does it really depigment your skin? Or is it just another skin lightening agent?

Alpha Arbutin [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I purchase the Alpha Arbutin

Alpha Arbutin [ 28 Answers ]

Has anyone used it and what was the outcome? Thanks. :)

Which Alpha-Arbutin Product has the Highest % Arbutin? [ 20 Answers ]

Many don't seem to list it :(

View more questions Search