Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    striker619 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2016, 04:49 PM
    Can you grow a tree in a room?
    Is it possible to grow trees in an artificial environment? For example growing cherry blossom on hot country in that artificial environment, where temperature is mechanically operated.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 6, 2016, 05:41 PM
    To some extent you can, depending on the species of tree.
    Cherry trees have several varieties. Keep in mind that in a pot, no matter how large, you will have a smaller tree, and tending it will be a bit like tending a large bonsai.
    Depending on the original habitat, you have to control sunlight as well as temperature, and know what seasonal factors it is used to to prompt the blooming cycle.
    I am sure you can find instructions online for each species.

Some commonly grown trees indoors are ficus (fig), lemon, and Norfolk Island pine.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 6, 2016, 06:41 PM
    A tree is a plant.

A "room" not really your bedroom (although you can do do some of the small trees)
    What is needed is soil or support system for the tree, proper and enough lighting, and food and water for tree. If your "room" can supply this, then it will grow. But the proper and enough lighting, is an issue, as will be the amount of soil needed for a root system
    kalepallavi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2017, 04:53 AM
    Not exactly the tree but you can grow indoor plants in your room. Indoor plants require less amount of sunlight to grow. So without access to direct sunlight, you can enjoy growing plants in your room. You can have bamboo, palm tree, money plant in your room.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tarzen in one tree, sights Jane in another tree. He grabs the end of a vine with leng [ 5 Answers ]

A block of ice with mass 3 kg slides 0.80m down an inclined plane that slopes downward at an angle of 30 degree below the horizontal. If the block of ice starts from rest, what is its final speed? You can ignore friction.

GROW hair DamN IT! Grow! [ 15 Answers ]

My hair length is about 1 inch long, I cut it about 2 years ago and continued to about every month, now I haven't cut or dyed my hair in about 2 months and it has not grown at all. I want it to grow!! What can I do, use, or whatever to get this growth process started!thanks

Grass won't grow under tree [ 15 Answers ]

Basically what the title says. We have a tree, possibly a Wattle tree (not sure) and it drops leaves pretty much constantly throughout the year. Under the tree the grass just will not grow. Is there any way we can fix this or does the tree have to go? Here is a picture of the offending tree...

What will grow under a tree? [ 6 Answers ]

We have a large Black Walnut tree in our neighbors yard but on the fence line to our house. We are trying to plant something to block our view of their house but it needs to be able to compete with the tree roots. Is there any way to plant or any other design ideas to help us block the view? Thank...

View more questions Search