Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Varadatta Naik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2016, 02:26 AM
    Overhead Water Tank
    We live in an independent house comprising of ground floor and 1st floor in Bangalore. We fully depend on corporation water for our water needs. We have a sumptank of 6000 ltrs and 2 over head tanks of 1000 ltrs each (both connected in parallell) The portions on the 1st floor experience low water pressure in all taps & showers, when we contacted a plumber he said it is because the over head tank is not high enough.

Now we cannot increase the height of the tank, is there any solution to increase the water preassure in the 1st floor houses? Is there some kind of motors or pumps which can help us? Kindly suggest an appropriate remedy to the same.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 4, 2016, 07:05 AM
    You could install a pump and a pressurized tank system.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2016, 09:29 AM
    Inline booster pump. Many are designed for gravity systems.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 4, 2016, 10:15 AM
    Was it always that way ?

If the water pressure dropped only in sinks and shower heads - see if you can clean aerators and filter screens, possibly remove flow restrictor from shower head.

Back to you

Milo
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2016, 02:56 PM
    To have even thirty pounds of pressure the tank would have to be about 70 feet above you. I would think that is not the case. I'd look at a booster pump.

BTW, how are these tanks mounted? 6,000 liters is about 1500 gallons, and that's a good sized tank. Are they elevated at all?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2016, 04:41 PM
    Inline CP | Constant Pressure/Boosting Systems | Water Systems | Little Giant | Franklin Electric

There are many others out there... inline boosters are helpful.

For the non-Indians:

https://rainwaterharvesting.wordpres...-of-bangalore/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have moved the overhead water tank in the attic and reconnected but no water flow [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I have moved the water tank in the attic and reconnected it but now there is no water flow

Not getting water pressure in taps from overhead tank [ 0 Answers ]

I have a question regarding water pressure. I do not get water pressure in the taps from the overhead tank which is 20 ft high at roof. However, when I run the mains line the pressure is too high. Points to be noted: 1) There is one common line for filling and emptying the tank. 2) A check...

Overhead Water storage tank [ 1 Answers ]

Am facing the problem of no water flow from the overhead water storage tank - although the ater tank is full. Is it to do with some air problem. There is also check bell attached to it.

View more questions Search