Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carol henry Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2016, 11:14 PM
    How tall will I be?will I grow taller by stretching and exercising?
    I'm 14 year girl 5'2"got first period at11.my father is 5'8", my mother is 5'3",aunts(father's side) are 5'7",5'5", uncle (father's side)is 5'11",aunts (mother's side)are 5'4 and 5'0", uncle (mother's side) is 5'7". Two months ago I started doing 20min resistance training(pushups,crunches,ab exercises)daily,then 30min stretching including splits,bridge,cobra,scorpion... etc. and didn't grow anymore taller.how tall will I be.does stretching help, and if it does will it take long time to show results.do I have to follow a specific diet or exercise program?what should I do? Thanks.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 3, 2016, 11:33 PM
    You will only grow as tall as your genetics tell your body to grow. You could be as tall as the tallest member of your family, or as short as the shortest.

Exercise and diet are good for you, they are healthy, but won't make you grow taller.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2016, 10:20 AM
    Sorry, your genetics set the height. I am 6', my wife 5'9". Children are 6'2", 6'1" boys, 5'10" and 5'4" girls. 5'4" is out of line but! 2 GC boys at 6'4". You night grow a bit more but not through exercises. Be happy you are healthy and keep up the good work!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I grow taller? [ 0 Answers ]

I just turned 15. I am 5'7-1/2" and 130 pounds. I am healthy, exercise vigorously, i do lift wieghts.( i don't know if that screws my height up) over the past year, i haven't grown the normal 3 inches per year. I maybe grew 1 inch. It is depressing because my dad is 6' but my mom is only 5'3". But...

Does stretching make you grow taller? [ 51 Answers ]

hey guys I've been trying to grow taller these days. I'm 19, guy, and I'm not sure if I can anymore. I'm 5"10 and I've been stretching, hanging, bicycling a lot these days in hopes of finding an inch or two somewhere. I was just wondering, can these things really help you grow taller? If so, what...

How can I grow taller? [ 6 Answers ]

OK I'm 16 and I'm 5 ft I've heard that strecthing and calcium can help you grow taller short women kind of run in my family my sister had a growth spurt at 16 so that gives me a little hope I've even asked God to help me grow I know it's a little childish but being short bothers me a lot so please...

How to grow taller [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'me 14 years old and am still 5' 1''. I have not been growing for a year now. I don't usually play or do any sort of sports when I am in school due to my sun allergy problem. I tried following the book " growing taller 4 idiots" but the next day I am unable to move my body and end up getting...

View more questions Search