Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rhonda88 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2016, 02:59 PM
    Need 4 buttons to push for 4 songs on body(costume) with strong speakers?
    Hello,

I am making a costume which will have 4 buttons numbered 1 through 4 which someone can come up to me and push (small buttons like on a desk phone) and then one of 4 different songs will play according to number one through number 4 and will have strong enough speakers to hear around me (small enough speakers to incorporate into the costume, say maybe 4 to 6 inches wide and not too deep. I have been to Best Buy, Costco, phone store, asked everyone I can and no one has any idea how to do this. They did say using my Samsung phone programed would take too long and loose all spontaneity because I would have to stop and reprogram to the next song every time which would defeat the purpose.

Would greatly appreciate some help and would this cost a lot of money or not? I am an older female and don't know much about electronics but I really want to make this work!

Thanks!
    Rhonda
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 2, 2016, 05:10 PM
    How do you intend to power this suit your wanting to make? That may open your options up a bit. You might have to consider 4 individual playback devices to make it work how you want and on demand. How long are the songs and are they just music or vocals too ?

Sep 6, 2016, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    How do you intend to power this suit your wanting to make? That may open your options up a bit. You might have to consider 4 individual playback devices to make it work how you want and on demand. How long are the songs and are they just music or vocals too ?
    Hello,
    The songs are vocals, one would be just music - the music for the Charleston dance. I don't know how to power the music. What kind of playback devises? Four devises sound like too much, too complicated ? Maybe I should narrow down to two songs?

Sep 6, 2016, 04:14 PM
    Hello,
    The songs are vocals, one would bejust music - the music for the Charleston dance. I don't know how to power the music. What kind of playback devises. Four devises sound like too much, too complicated? Maybe Ishould narrow down to two songs?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2016, 05:34 AM
    It really does not matter what the songs are at all, they are just files. You are right in that the key is what the buttons do. This is fun brainstorming scenario :-).
    A perfect solution is that the "button' is actually the play button on 4 inexpensive old school mp3 players that have one songs each. Then the challenge would be the wiring/splicing of each player into a set of speakers.

If someone were handy with Raspberry Pi type computers that could be another option.

I look forward to hearing other responses.

Sep 7, 2016, 01:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    It really does not matter what the songs are at all, they are just files. You are right in that the key is what the buttons do. This is fun brainstorming scenario :-).
    A perfect solution is that the "button' is actually the play button on 4 inexpensive old school mp3 players that have one songs each. Then the challenge would be the wiring/splicing of each player into a set of speakers.

If someone were handy with Raspberry Pi type computers that could be another option.

I look forward to hearing other responses.
    I found online a company called everbuying.net - Compact mini MP3player for $1.85. Is this what you are referring to?

Sep 7, 2016, 06:14 PM
    Hello,Found a web site called everbuying.net - have compact mini MP3 player for $1.85. Just says 3.5mm jack. Micro SD card slot / USB interface. Is this what you were referring to? If so, is there a diagram I can go by to wire/ splice each player into a set of speakers? What are a good set of speakers for projecting the music? Thanks again!
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 8, 2016, 03:37 PM
    You can always use a splitter and run from the headphone port. As far as a speaker goes mostly that depends on where you want to place it. If your wearing some type of headgear you could place it in there. The next trick is you would have to solder on your own button for playback as well as have the unit "loop" the song. That way you can place the buttons anywhere within the costume. Here is the link I found to the possible product your talking about.

Compact MP3 Player 3.5mm Jack with Back Metal Clip/Micro SD Card Slot/USB Interface (SILVER) | Everbuying

Compact Mp3 Player Cheap Wholesale For Sale Free Shipping | Everbuying

Sep 8, 2016, 04:14 PM
    I just ordered the 4 silver mp3 players.

I need to get instruction on how to put it all together. The speakers will be incorporated into the body of the costume, on my front side.

Won't the mp3 player be the button, 4 players with one song on each and its own button to push to hear each song?
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 8, 2016, 06:09 PM
    If the players are exposed then they will be their own button. If they are hidden inside the costume then you will have to hook buttons to them to operate them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Body Building with push up [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, If I want to build my body muscles only with push up exercise, can my dream come true? Because I can't go to gym. And all of I can do is push up exercise. I am not greedy but I admire Sylvester Stallone's body structure. When I get times to go to gym, I am sure to go. But now, how can...

Kermore ultra wash Pots and Pans cycle button won't stop flashing, tried push buttons [ 1 Answers ]

We just installed a Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher, purchased in 2006. Long story short we just put it in, ran a cycle to get it started (as directed in manual) and now the pots and pans button won't stop lighting up. We reset the breaker, still the pots n pans button is flashing; we tried pushing...

How do I help my body to get strong & healthy enough for a baby? [ 1 Answers ]

I have 12 more days of taking active BC, I've been taking Loestrin 24 for a couple years now, but I have decided to stop taking it after this month because Me and My Fiancé with our families loving support have decided that we are going to finally try to conceive. Unfortunately Since I have...

Can I put a 250w mono amp to push door speakers? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 250w Memphis amplifier I was wondering if I can use that for my door speakers? Or would that be too much?

View more questions Search