Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vessel Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2016, 08:33 PM
    Hardwire kit for 98 Harley
    I would like to connect a gps to my battery I have a gps mount on the bars already. I own a 1998 wide glide and would like a kit . I am not exactly sure what type of kit I would need any help would be appreciated Thank you
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2016, 02:14 PM
    GPS is 12 volt DC? Fairly simple if so. Ignition switch has on and start position. I'd wire up a power outlet(cigarette lighter) with +12 VDC to the center terminal and - to the side from the ON terminal, not the start. Use a plug in fuse adapter. Then plug in your GPS connector like you would in a car. I bet most newer models already have an outlet. Check with HD.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I hardwire a rotory phone [ 1 Answers ]

No wires coming out of the phone

How to hardwire a hot tub [ 6 Answers ]

I have recently bought a hot tub from a friend and need to know how to hardwire it. My sunroom already has a gfci breaker in it and the main box has a 50 amp which is what is required to use. It is 220 v and the wiring and liquid conduit are not long enough to reach the box in the sunroom. ...

The term hardwire [ 1 Answers ]

What does the term hard wire mean?

Hardwire / interconnect smokes [ 3 Answers ]

Looking for some clarification on smoke wiring - 1 family residential. Have 6 smokes/CO all hardwired /interconnected using 3 wire. These will be added to general lighting circuit, hallway lights, etc. as long as they're interconnected, it does not matter where in the series I draw from the gen...

View more questions Search