Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dangerm50 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2016, 12:56 PM
    Where can get charcoal filters from a waste vent vent in a bedroom cut out smells
    Had a new vent fitted and new seal fitted
    But the vent on the side of a housing boxing is giving off fumes want a charcoal filter to place on the vent it sent on the housing inside so smells don't come through unfilted smells better where can I get them from
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 31, 2016, 03:31 PM
    You should not have a waste vent installed out of code, and it sounds like you have?
    Your writing could be clearer.
    Masking smell with charcoal won't save you if you die, so I'm not going to help.
    dangerm50 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2016, 09:29 AM
    Its registered correctly and the plumber as met requirements it seems swapped the vent for a new one and replaced the seal
    But the vent in the bedroom is emitting smell every now and then and advised could get a charcoal vent filter can seem to get from uk plenty places in usa
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 1, 2016, 11:25 AM
    Buy from the US and buy an inch to metric adapter in the UK.
    Try amazon - not all places will ship out of the US.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drain waste vent [ 13 Answers ]

When drains and soil pipes run to a well instead of county sewage plants would the venting system be any different.I mean, would the well vent the drains illiminating the need for vents? Would the well be considered the main stack and install the venting the usual way?

Drain Waste Vent tie in. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My home is already roughed in. When standing in the bathroom looking at the vanity wall (from the left to the right) I have a 2" PVC pipe sticking up 17 1/2" to the right of that is my 5" toilet pipe sticking up about 24 1/2", and further to right is the shower drain hole cut in the...

Waste/Vent Size [ 5 Answers ]

I just purchase a house built in 1968. I am trying to add a second bathroom on the main level. Yesterday, I decided to cut some of the existing vent lines (they're galvanized steel) in the home so that I could connect the vent lines from the new bathroom. I noticed that the old vent lines are...

Drain Waste Vent Outside Kitchen Smells [ 5 Answers ]

undefinedundefinedundefined :mad: Our house is 4 years old. We are on town water and sewer, no septic tank. There is a Drain Waste Vent on the outside wall of the house, directly behind the kitchen sink area. The end of the vent has a slotted cover. Approximately 1 month ago, I noticed that...

View more questions Search