Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tony H Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2016, 07:37 AM
    Noisy shower in wall
    When I turn my shower on, there is a loud nise coming from the shower connection to the wall. Loud squeal. What's causing this.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 31, 2016, 08:24 PM
    Probably a loose washer in the shower valve.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2016, 11:47 PM
    What type of shower valve do you have?

John
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 3, 2016, 08:34 PM
    As said above, loose washer, stem, or some other part inside the faucet. Is it a newer faucet ?

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

vibrating noisy shower [ 2 Answers ]

My shower has a loud vibrating noise heard throughout the house. It occurs at a specific range on the hot side of the single handle American Standard valve. I took it apart and wiped it down and lubricated the three rubber gaskets inside. I also adjusted the scald setting by one position and...

Noisy shower head [ 5 Answers ]

Shower head makes noise when turned on. Mark

Noisy tub/shower faucet... HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

I hope someone can help us with our plumbing problem. We have a moen single handle tub/shower faucet. We notice that every time we turn on the tub faucet it creates a loud water gushing noise that can be heard through out the house. But whenever we switched it to shower it was fine. I've...

Noisy Shower [ 1 Answers ]

While taking a shower the pipes began to vibrate and bang and then the water stopped coming out. It was really loud. When I switched the water back to the tub it was fine. I have a two knob shower with diverter knob in the middle. What is this noise and how can it be fixed? Thank you for your...

Noisy wall switch [ 1 Answers ]

Hey folks, I came home very late last night, and my fiancé went to flip the switch on the hall light. According to her, the switch made a sizzling noise, and then the light went out. The hall light is hooked up to two switches -- one upstairs, one downstairs -- the upstairs switch worked fine,...

View more questions Search