Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mylee2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2016, 09:51 PM
    Sick daughter
    2 days ago my 7 yr. Old daughter started feeling sick fever started then vomiting and she complained of a soar throat so I pushed fluids and gave Tylenol for fever today she is feeling a little better but does not want to try any food. She went to the bathroom and had a bowl movement in the stool were tiny white looking worm things what is this and could this be the reason she has been feeling so sick
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 31, 2016, 04:23 AM
    A lot depends on where in the world you live.
    Yes, they could be worms/parasites.
    Save a sample and take it (and your daughter) to a clinic.
    Not eating for now is a good idea. Clear broth and clear, room temperature juices (watered down a lot) only.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 31, 2016, 06:08 AM
    She needs to be seen by a real doctor immediately! Doesn't matter where in the world you are.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 31, 2016, 06:11 AM
    Take her to the doctor now. If you can take a stool sample, that's great. If you can't, that's okay too.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 31, 2016, 12:28 PM
    In much of the world, small thread-like white things in the stool are pinworms/threadworms.
    Treatment might be a drug, but the entire household must be treated, so if you don't want to take the drugs, get the instructions for cleaning the entire house and everything in it.
    You really should do that anyway, because they can survive quite a while outside of the intestine.
    Pets don't need treatment but could have some on the fur from petting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my daughter who is on antibiotics get sick from another child with fever? [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter has been on antibiotics since last Monday for respiratory infection. We had plans to go yo some friends house to watch kc game tonight but just found out their daughter has fever. Her mom said my daughter should be fine since she is already on antibiotics... wondering if that is true?

My teen daughter lies about being sick? [ 2 Answers ]

My 16 year old daughter lies about being sick to her peers at school. All kinds of things, having tumors, seizure's, cancer. She is a good girl, loves being around her family. Does not party or drink or do drugs. Does not really have many close friends. I assume that stems from the lying. She does...

Controlling mother making daughter phyisically sick [ 2 Answers ]

My Mother in-law moved to our area in November. We moved her here because her daughter couldn't handle things anymore and her health was in question. My husband handles the finance and she lives at a great apartment that she loves (not a nursing home) it is 1/2 mile from our home. My sister came...

Daughter got very Sick during Visitation, what to do. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Over the weekend me and my my kids got sick. My daughter (age 6) was the worst, so weak she could not lift her arms. She had thrown up 8 times and was incoherant at times. My nurse girlfriend was taking car of us all. I called My ex-wife (Tracey) to tell her that I think it would...

Mother/Daughter conflict over sick grandmother [ 4 Answers ]

My grandmother was recently diagnosed with a terminal illness. My mother who is not handling it well at all, continues to deny that she is going to die and behaves as if everything is going to be OK. In doing so, she continues to call me for every little, umimportant thing (not relative to her...

View more questions Search