Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flyers28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2016, 06:13 AM
    Cam Chain Tensioner will not release
    I have a 2007 R6 that I tried swapping CCT's to see if either one made any difference. I had no issues pulling it and setting it just a week prior. But now when I turn the engine over by hand the pin will not release from the clip to put pressure on the Cam Chain. So now the Cam Chain is quite lose (I fear the timing is now off, but that is another issue I will address when I pull the valve cover). It does not matter which CCT I use, neither one will release after multiple attempts. I am out of ideas.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2016, 12:55 PM
    Its not all that uncommon for the CCT's to get stuck on this model. A new stock one can be had for under $100, while an aftermarket APE manual tensioner runs half that price. Nothing tricky about the manual one, except clogging the oil hole in the housing with some JB Weld or RTV.

Its not impossible to put them in upside-down, be sure it is installed with the correct orientation. Link is to the service manual PDF. Page 217 is a blowup of the cam removal... including CCT. Page 220 is disassembly instructions for the CCT to check for problems.

http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/p...R6_Service.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I replace timing chain tensioner? (Honda) [ 6 Answers ]

2002 Acura RSX, K20A3 (base RSX), 162K miles, TCT (timing chain tensioner) replaced twice already, last time about two years ago, significant "messing" with tensioner and timing because I turned the crankshaft too far during replacement. Lately - with temperatures well into the single digits and...

View more questions Search